UPPER SADDLE RIVER, N.J., Jan. 12, 2010 – The new feature on the Hunter Douglas award-winning iMagine™ Design Center room visualizer and rendering tool at www.hunterdouglas.com – Upload Your Own Photo – won in the House and Home Category of the OMMA (Online Media Marketing & Advertising) Awards for Web Site Excellence.
This innovative custom photo and online visualization tool allows visitors to upload their own room setting photos and view all the Hunter Douglas products – more than 4,500 material, color and fabric choices – on their windows. House Beautiful.com and DIYnetwork’s Online Relaunch were finalists in the category, but the Upload Your Own Photo feature on the Hunter Douglas iMagine Design Center won.
The OMMA Awards are sponsored by Tremor Media and Eyewonder and were conferred at a gala reception at the New York Hilton during the OMMA Global New York Conference and Expo. There were close to 700 entries in this prestigious awards competition, which is judged by leaders in the field.
In addition, this online tool garnered a Silver Award in the Consumer Goods category of the W3 Awards. The W3 Awards also honors creative excellence on the Web and is sanctioned and judged by the International Academy of the Visual Arts, an invitation-only body consisting of top-tier professionals from a "Who's Who" of acclaimed media, interactive, advertising and marketing firms.
“We are very pleased with this recognition,” said Jim Mathews, Hunter Douglas Senior Vice President of Marketing. “We have dedicated significant time, energy and resources to this initiative and it boasts some truly revolutionary offerings found nowhere else in the industry. The enhanced iMagine Design Center has been attracting even more visitors to www.hunterdouglas.com.”
iMagine™ Design Center Upload Your Own Photo Feature
The newly enhanced iMagine Design Center with the Upload Your Own Photo tool was so highly anticipated that it won a Best-in-Class award from the Window Covering Manufacturers Association (WCMA) before it even launched last May.
Other notable functions of the Upload Your Own Photo option include the ability to:
• Provide photo tips right at the beginning so that consumers can take the best photos possible to take full advantage of the tool.
• Recognize opacities in consumer’s room and adjusts accordingly; i.e., room lighting will darken if an opaque fabric is selected and brighten with a sheer.
• Mask out objects that are in front of windows, such as furnishings and accessories that cannot easily be moved, so that the objects will be shown in front of added window treatments rather than covered by them.
• Store uploaded images in the “My Workbook” feature on hunterdouglas.com for future reference
• Offer views of multiple windows within a room.
• Display window treatments mounted inside or outside of the window frame.
“We encourage consumers everywhere to take photos of their rooms and upload them into the tool to create a personalized portfolio that will help simplify selecting the perfect window dressings for their specific needs,” concluded Mathews. “Our Dealer Locator is also just a click away to lead them to a qualified Hunter Douglas dealer in their area.”
Hunter Douglas, Inc., headquartered in Upper Saddle River, N.J., is a national sponsor of Habitat for Humanity, covering windows in every Habitat home built in the U.S. and Canada. For more information, visit www.hunterdouglas.com or call 1-800-274-2985.