iBike Dash Cc Wireless Cycling Computer And iBike Phone Booth Bicycle Mount Now Available At All Apple Retail Stores
By Mel Fabrikant Tuesday, May 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM EDT
iPhone/iPod touch-Based Fitness Coaching System for your Bike Calculates, Speed, Distance, Ride Time and More to Safely Get You into Shape
– Works as Your Own Personal Fitness Trainer –
Velocomp LLP, www.iBikeDash.com, a leading sports technology company and creator of the iBike® Dash line of cycling computers and power meters, announced that the iBike Dash CC (Cycling Computer) and new iBike Phone Booth Bicycle Mount are now available at all Apple retail stores, starting today.
iBike Dash CC
Priced starting at $199, the iBike Dash CC turns any iPhone or iPod touch into your own personal bike and fitness coach, enhancing the cycling experience by helping you ride smarter, keeping track of your cycling accomplishments. Easy to install, the compact (3.2 oz) iBike Dash CC includes the “Smart Phone BoothTM” protective bicycle case with advanced electronics, a wireless bicycle sensor, and free iBike app with customizable bicycling and training tools, available from the iTunes App Store at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibike/id369550718?mt=8. The included iBike app shows you how to pace yourself, so that you have more than enough energy left for the last few miles. The app keeps a calendar of your weekly and monthly rides, making it easier to see if you’re improving.
iBike Dash CC Features:
• Includes ANT+ speed sensor with optional sensors for cadence and HR.
• User customizable touch screens display cycling information in color with unique graphics and animation.
• Easy-to-read large fonts with back-lit display for night-time viewing.
• iPhone’s GPS map capabilities operate seamlessly with the iBike Dash CC, greatly enhancing the rider’s experience.
• Power-based indoor trainer feature.
• Bike odometer.
• Calendar feature keeps track of weekly cycling stats, including calories, miles and speed.
• Easy-to-follow, on-screen instructions and instructional videos.
• “Smart Phone Booth” case houses advanced circuitry and protects iPhone or iPod touch from water and road shock.
• Compatible with iPhone 4/3GS/3 and all iPod touch models.
• Easy to install, use, and move from bike to bike.
• No need for calibration.
• Allows seamless hands-free calls using your iPhone and Bluetooth headset with no interruption to ride data collection.
• Allows full use of touch screen.
• Touch screen works with compatible cycling gloves.
• An optional rechargeable QuickSwap spare battery fits inside the “Smart Phone Booth” to extend the operating time of your iPhone/iPod touch to 7 hours.
• Compatible with all ANT+ speed, cadence and HR sensors.
iBike Phone Booth Bicycle Mount
For cyclists looking for a rugged-tough bike mount that holds the iPhone or iPod touch on their handlebars, the new iBike Phone Booth Bicycle Mount is a great solution. The Phone Booth Bicycle Mount uses the same materials as used in bike helmets and has the same water and shock resistant design as the iBike Dash CC. The iBike Phone Booth Bicycle Mount is perfect for cyclists who don’t need a bike computer but want to keep their the iPhone or iPod touch safe while riding or want to access apps from their handlebars while cycling. Priced at $49.95, the iBike Phone Booth Bicycle Mount also makes a great gift for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
Pricing & Availability
The iBike Dash CC is available immediately for iPhone and iPod touch, priced at $199 MSRP through Apple retail stores throughout the U.S. and Canada, the Apple Store online at: http://store.apple.com/us/product/H3828LL/A, or Velocomp at: http://www.ibikesports.com/ibikestore.html. iBike Dash CC includes the Smart Phone Booth case, mount, wireless speed sensor, iBike app for iPhone or iPod touch, and iBike software for Mac and Windows desktop computers.
The iBike Phone Booth Bicycle Mount is also available immediately through Apple retail stores or online, priced at $49.95. For more information, see www.ibikedash.com.
About Velocomp - First to Deliver Advanced Power Measurement at a Consumer-Friendly Price
Velocomp, LLP is a leading sports technology company based in Boca Raton, Florida. The first in the bicycle industry to deliver advanced power measurement at a mainstream price, Velocomp is dedicated to
product breakthroughs in the areas of performance, measurement, design, and value. Launched in June
2006, tens of thousands of iBike® power meter and cycling computer products are being enjoyed worldwide. For more information, see www.iBikeSports.com .