Astroglide Presents Tips to Have Fun and Be Green for This Year’s Festivals
By Mel Fabrikant Saturday, May 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM EDT
Astroglide, the leader in personal lubricants, presents some creative tips for people traveling to top festivals this spring and summer who want to have fun while keeping it “green.” Festivals are meant to be a celebration of creative expression that illustrates how people can work together harmoniously as a group. Follow our tips to ensure you have the best possible experience that will be remembered for years to come.
Festival packing tips and sustainability recommendations:
1. Be open-minded –this ensures that you’ll receive the best of the music/film experiences and meet new and unexpected friends.
2. Embrace the scruffiness!– you aren’t attending a job interview, you’re at a festival! Let your face and legs go wild, leave the razor at home.
3. Comfortable shoes are a must – having extra pairs of basic sneakers will allow to you walk back and forth between events and dances for hours on end without the extra pain or soreness.
4. Be a GoodSamaritan– help out your fellow festival-goers; if someone had five too many drinks and are in need of assistance, make sure they’re okay. It’s good Karma.
5. Protect yourself!–a big floppy hat can provide cover from the sun AND hide your hair that might not see a shampoo bottle for several days.Sunglasses are vital, especially for the sunshine-plethoric Coachella festival; sunscreen is essential for additional protection on the parts of your body that are or aren’t already protected by a hat and sunglasses.
6. Refillable WATER bottles – drink the WATER, refill it with WATER, repeat. Although consuming cocktails will probably be on your agenda during the festival, the constant dancing and humid Coachella/Bonnaroo weather means you will need to stay hydrated.
7. Money – carry some cash with you in a secure and safe place as not too many vendors accept credit or debit cards.
8. Make sure you recycle! – Coachella offers a 10-1 recycling program where attendees can receive free bottled water and merchandise for recycling 10 empty containers.
9. Dress appropriately – unpredictable weather means you might do a slip-n-slide through a mud pit, so leave your fancy clothes at home. And it can get quite chilly at night so even though sundresses and shirtless outfits feel good during the day, you may need to bundle up a bit more at night.
10. Bring a secure bag – thousands of cameras, cell phones, sets of cars key and other things you normally carry with you are lost every year at festivals, having a secure bag to hold your items will prevent you from losing your stuff. WATCH OUT for pick pockets!
11. Patience is a virtue – bring a good dose of patience, popular festivals can get very crowded very fast, so try to stay calm and don’t force to the front of the stage.
12. BYO Plates & Utensils – if camping at Coachella or Bonnaroo, consider bringing a set of silverware and plates to avoid Styrofoam and plastic sporks hitting the landfills.
13. Pack Astroglide Natural – and some protection just in case the music/film inspires you and your significant other to want to spend some “alone time” together.
14. Designate meetings points/markers and base camp – with a crowd of 60,000 plus and minimal cell phone towers, communication between friends when separated can be extremely tough. Selecting and remembering specific meeting spots as well as your camping location will make it easier to regroup and finding your way back.
15. Let there be light! – most festivals are away from the glow of city lights, so finding your way back to base camp can be especially tough at night. Download a flashlight app on your smartphone or bring simply bring a flashlight or lantern.
Note: glow-sticks are a poor substitution for flash lights and lanterns
16. Porta-Potties – if you’re easily grossed out by these mobile bathrooms, take note of when they are cleaned and do your business then.
17. Beware of lurkers and wookies –be friendly but always watch out for people trying to mooch on your beer, water, food, etc.; festivals can be full of transients.
18. Plan things out –although being flexible is always a good thing, make a list of the bands you want to see and where & when they are performing; this will help ensure you won’t miss your favorite artist while waiting in line for a hot dog.
• New Orleans Jazz Fest (April 27-May 6) in New Orleans, LA - www.nojazzfest.com
• Bamboozle (May 18-20) in Asbury Park, NJ -.2012 www.thebamboozle.com
• Rock on the Range (May 18-20) in Columbus, OH - www.rockontherange.com
• Hang Out Music Festival (May 18-20) in Gulf Shores, AL - www.hangoutmusicfest.com
• Sasquatch Music Festival (May 25-28) in Quincy, WA - www.sasquatchfestival.com/lineup
• Wakarusa (May 31-June 3) in Ozark, KS - www.wakarusa.com
• Electric Daisy Carnival (June 6-10) in Las Vegas, NV - www.edc-2012.com
• Bonnaroo (June 7-10) in Manchester, TN - www.bonnaroo.com
• Summerfest (June 27-July 8) Milwaukee, WI - www.summerfest.com
• All Good Festival (July 19-22) in Thornville, OH - www.allgoodfestival.com
• Voodoo Fest (October 26-28) in New Orleans, LA - www.thevoodooexperience.com
• Coachella (April 13-15 and April 20-22) in Indio, CA - www.coachella.com
• Lollapalooza (August 3-5) in Chicago, IL - www.lollapalooza.com
• Outside Lands (dates TBD) in San Francisco, CA - www.sfoutsidelands.com
• Bumbershoot (September 1-3) in Seattle, WA - www.bumbershoot.org
• Burning Man (August 27-3) in Black Rock, NV - www.burningman.com
• Austin City Limits (October 12-14) in Austin, TX - www.aclfestival.com
Astroglide Natural is the perfect personal lubricant for those individuals that like to “green” in all facets of their life. It’s made with botanical ingredients and does not contain any glycerin, parabens, alcohol, fragrance or flavorings. Visit www.astroglide.com for more information about Astroglide Natural.
Astroglide products are developed and distributed by BioFilm, Inc., a privately held manufacturer of high quality healthcare products. BioFilm continually researches consumer needs and develops innovative products to meet and exceed those requirements. The company’s flagship product, Astroglide Personal Lubricant, is one of the world’s top selling personal lubricants. Founded in 1991, Astroglide is headquartered in Vista, CA. All BioFilm products are produced on-site in its Vista manufacturing facility under FDA guidelines and strict in-house quality procedures. BioFilm’s number one priority is to provide its customers with the highest quality products possible. For more information visit www.astroglide.com or follow us at www.twitter.com/astroglide and www.facebook.com/astroglide .