Pocket TV, a fully functioning Android 4.0 thumb sized micro-computer for your HDTV now available for pre-order on KickStarter
Infinitec, a breakthrough startup company lead by a small team of engineers, programmers and designers, announces the Pocket TV, an Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) based HDMI dongle that converts any TV into a Smart TV. The Pocket TV, one of the world’s smallest computers, operates as a fully functioning micro-computer the size of your thumb with a processing power that will allow you to display Android on your TV turning it into a mega-sized tablet.
You can download apps from the Google Play Store to stream videos, play games, connect with your friends on Facebook, catch up on news, do some work or simply surf the web. You can even attach a video camera to do Skype video-calls on your TV.
Watch a video of it in action by clicking here:
The Pocket TV is so small that you can conveniently take it anywhere you go, including trips abroad. When you get to your destination, hotel room or office you can easily plug it into any monitor or TV and you will get access to all your information, games, TV streaming channels, work documents and your entire digital life. The Pocket TV is also a great accessory for business professionals as it eliminates the need to carry a heavy laptop. All you need to do is plug the Pocket TV into the projector and your presentation can be played from the cloud (like a Dropbox account) or locally from the SD Card.
“Our motivation to create the Pocket TV was that we found ourselves with too many gadgets. Nowadays we had a smartphone, a tablet and a laptop and we thought wouldn’t it be great to have one small portable solution that did what all these gadgets do but on a big screen TV,” says Ahmad Zahran, Founder of Infinitec. “Pocket TV will give users a simple solution to accessing their digital life, surfing the internet, streaming video, playing games, doing video-conferences and much more from anywhere and on any TV or monitor. Unlike with smartphones and tablets they will be able to do all this on a large screen with something that literally fits into their pocket.”
The Pocket TV can be used for a number of multimedia capabilities including:
• Streaming Video: Watch YouTube, Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Videos on your TV in HD with up to 1080p resolution rather than on a small computer screen.
• Listen to music: The Pocket TV acts as a streaming device for music so you can play all of the content that’s on your computer or home network drive (NAS). That means you access not only your downloaded music but also your movies, TV shows and even your holiday pictures right on your home entertainment system.
• Gaming: You can now play thousands of games such as Angry Birds or racing and strategy games on a big screen instead of on your small screen smart phone or tablet.
• Social Media: Check your Facebook, Twitter and other social media apps on your big screen.
• News: Get CNN, BBC, Google Currents, Pulse, Flipboard and other similar news apps and access to on-demand news stories on your TV.
• Work: Edit documents, read PDFs, review PowerPoint, do video conferences and send and receive emails from a 50-inch monitor.
• Google Maps: Tired of squinting at your screen trying to find road directions? Yes we know you won’t be able to take your TV with you on the road, but the satellite imaging is insane on a 50-inch plasma!
• Web Browsing: Enjoy browsing the web with the Dolphin browser, Opera, or even Chrome and sync it with your laptop's browser.
• Thousands more apps: The Google Play store is full of apps for all types of users and most of them work on the Pocket TV.
The Pocket TV features two remote control options, a standard IR Remote or an Air Remote. The standard IR Remote will ship with every Pocket TV. It uses an infrared signal just like your TV and gives you the ability to control the Pocket TV using the up, down, side arrows and several buttons. The Air Remote is a smart remote which has a gyroscopic sensor that allows you to control your Pocket TV just by moving it around (like a Wii controller). The motion of your hands will automatically be converted to signals and the cursor on your TV will follow your movements, up, down or sideways. It makes the Pocket TV a lot more intuitive and easy to use and adds a whole new dimension to the user experience.
In addition to the above remote options, you can control the Pocket TV from your smartphone or by programming your universal remote control. Last, the Pocket TV features a USB port so you can attach an external hard drive, a wireless keyboard and mouse or a video camera for video calls. It also has a Micro SD Card slot for extra storage.
Recently surpassing over $100,000 in pledges, the Pocket TV can be pre-ordered for a limited pre-order price of $99 (regular price $160) at: www.kickstarter.com/projects/484889112/the-pocket-tv-makes-any-tv-a-smart-tv .
Infinitec is a young 3-year-old start up. We're a small team of friends with a mad set of skills ranging from engineering and programming to design and innovation. We started working together some years ago on several new concepts with the aim of creating innovative solutions that would make life easier for everyone who used them. We believe in innovation and breakthrough, and that every problem must have a solution. For more information about Infinitec visit www.infintec.com .