Bill Pascrell’s campaign today announced endorsements by firefighters from throughout New Jersey. U.S. Rep. Bill Pascrell, Jr. is seeking re-election in the U.S. House of Representatives.
The following organizations announced support for the re-election for Congressman Bill Pascrell:
• N.J. Firefighters’ Mutual Benevolent Association, William J. Lavin, President
• Professional Firefighters Association of New Jersey, Dominick Marino, President
• Paterson Local Firefighters’ Mutual Benevolent Association, Carlos Pagan, President
• Clifton Local Firefighters’ Mutual Benevolent Association, Robert DeLuca, President
• Passaic Local Firefighters’ Mutual Benevolent Association, David Montalvo, President
• Kearney Local Firefighters’ Mutual Benevolent Association, Jim Carey, President
• Teaneck Local Firefighters’ Mutual Benevolent Association, Jason Weimann, President
• Englewood Professional Firefighters Association of New Jersey, IAFF Local 3260
• Bergen Fire Academy Professional Firefighters Association, IAFF Local 3500
Congressman Pascrell is a nationally recognized leader in Congress on the issue of fire safety, having proudly authored the F.I.R.E. (Firefighter Investment and Response Enhancement) Act, which became law in 2001. The law established the only federal program that delivers grant dollars directly to fire departments.
The Department of Homeland Security administers the program, now titled the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) Program. For more than decade, fire departments throughout the nation have been able to apply for federal grants to purchase the equipment, training, and vehicles needed to serve their communities.
Congressman Pascrell also conceived of the SAFER (Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response) grant program, which provides federal support for staffing of local fire departments.
“I am grateful for the continued support of firefighters for my campaign. These are the men and women who put their own lives at stake to save others. To have these brave men and women supporting my campaign means everything to me. I look forward to continuing to fight on their behalf in Washington, D.C.,” said Congressman Pascrell.
Earlier in the week, police officers from throughout New Jersey endorsed the candidacy of Congressman Bill Pascrell, including:
• N.J. State Policemen’s Benevolent Association, Anthony Wieners, President
• N.J. State Fraternal Order of Police, Edward R. Brannigan, President
• Port Authority Police Benevolent Association, Paul Nunziato, President
• Bergen County PBA Conference
• Passaic County PBA Conference
• Hudson County PBA Conference
Congressman Pascrell is also the Democratic co-chairman of the Congressional Law Enforcement Caucus.
“Our first responders do everything they can to protect the public. I have made it a priority of mine to bolster federal support for the jobs our police officers and firefighters do for the benefit of all communities. I am grateful for their support,” added Congressman Pascrell.