Griffin Technology, one of the world’s foremost creators of innovations for everyday life, announces the availability of Twenty, as introduced at CES 2012. Twenty is an audio amplifier that incorporates the user's Airport Express to capture the AirPlay stream, decode it, then play lossless amplified sound through attached speakers. Twenty has been recognized for its design and innovation, receiving the Popular Mechanics Editor’s Choice Award.
“Griffin's Twenty is the easiest, best-sounding solution for untethered digital playback from iTunes or any AirPlay-enabled iOS device,” said Ethan Opelt, Line Manager of Griffin’s Audio category. “We designed Twenty to be an elegant solution to cable clutter while maintaining high-fidelity sound for the audiophile.”
Twenty boasts a zero-configuration audio set-up: the user plugs the AirPort Express into a built-in power connection and mounting platform on Twenty's top panel. Twenty then captures the AirPlay stream from iTunes and other AirPlay-enabled apps such as Pandora, Spotify, and last.fm, and sends great Apple Lossless sound to the user’s speakers through its low-profile digital amplifier. Twenty is designed to provide docking with the original Airport Express but is compatible with any digital audio source including the new Airport Express. The audio amplifier features a 2.1 channel sound system with 20 watts output per channel and supports a powered subwoofer with an automatic active crossover at 80 Hz.
Twenty is now available for purchase at store.griffintechnology.com/twenty-airplay-amplifier for $99.99. To learn more visit www.griffintechnology.com/twenty and watch the video of Twenty in action. For more information about Griffin Technology, visit www.griffintechnology.com.
• Class D Stereo Amplifier - TI PurePath™
• Input: S/PDIF optical, TOSLINK connector (included)
• Outputs: Spring-loaded right & left channel speaker connectors; RCA subwoofer connector
• Sensitivity: 0.34 dBFS for 20 watts (with volume control set at max)
• Power: 20 watts per channel into 8 ohms @ 0.08% THD, both channels driven
• Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz, +0, -0.34 dB
• Signal-to-Noise ratio: 95 dB
• Crosstalk: -71 dB
• Left + Right sub-bass audio
• Autoswitching when powered subwoofer is detected
• Power: Line-level output (2 V rms at 0 dBFS input)
• High-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to L+R channels
• Low-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to subwoofer output
• 100 to 240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz supplies both amp and power connection for Airport Express
About Griffin Technology
Founded on Paul Griffin's kitchen table in 1992, Griffin Technology Inc., is today one of the world's foremost creators of accessories for home, mobile, and personal technology. Unique products such as iTrip®, PowerMate®, iFM®, iMic® and Evolve® Wireless Speaker System have broken new ground in consumer electronics and created loyal fans the world over. Today, Griffin products are conceived, designed and developed in-house and continue to push the envelope of the industry they helped create. Learn more about Griffin's entire range of ingenious designs at www.griffintechnology.com , www.facebook.com/griffintech and on Twitter, @griffintech.