SCOREBergen Presents: How To Prepare A Business Plan
By Mel Fabrikant Monday, January 21, 2013, 12:21 PM EST
SCOREBergen will present its popular two-part workshop HOW TO PREPARE A BUSINESS PLAN on Monday February 4 and Monday February 11. This workshop will provide a framework for making realistic plans to go into business. The process of drafting a business plan allows potential owners to see if their thoughts make sense. Plans also help business owners chart successes or change course depending on levels of performance.
The first session of this workshop will cover:
- Business description
- Market Analysis
- Marketing plan/sales strategy and how to attract and retain customers
- Strategic position and risk assessment - Management and management support - Financials
The second session of this workshop will cover:
- Forecasting financials, including time series and other methods
- A forecast example regarding: projected revenue, variable costs, gross margin, overhead expenses, profit (loss), break-even sales and sales units
- Types of income and expenditure
- Organizing resources to accomplish business objectives
- Plan vs. actual: periodically updating the plan and identifying adjustments that need to be made when plans and actual deviate
- Important financial statements for your business: income statement, cash flow statement, balance sheet
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Peter Loder, a SCOREBergen counselor, was a Senior Consultant at Computer Sciences Corporation for 13 years. He also served as the President of a software development company that created regional information systems to reduce overlap and duplication in the delivery of governmental services and as a professor specializing in business management, strategic planning and program development.
Part 1: February 4
Part 2: February 11
7:00 PM-10:00 PM
Maywood Public Library
459 Maywood Avenue
Maywood, New Jersey
$40 in advance or $45 at the door
To register and pay online, visit www.scorebergen.org/workshops.htm. Attendees are requested to print and bring their admission ticket(s) to the workshop and print their confirmation as receipt of payment.
SCORE is a national nonprofit volunteer association of more than 12,000 retired and working business professionals who help entrepreneurs launch and grow their companies by offering free, confidential mentoring and low-fee workshops on subjects vital to the success of any small business. A resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration, SCORE has helped more than 8.5 million entrepreneurs since 1964.
For more information or to set up an appointment, visit SCOREBergen on the web at www.scorebergen.org or call our Hackensack office at 201-336-6090.