Paramus Weight-Loss Challenge Kicks Off in March. Help Paramus Lose 500 Pounds in 12-weeks
By Mel Fabrikant Monday, February 04, 2013, 03:31 PM EST
The Mayor’s Wellness Campaign, the Paramus Board of Health, The Valley Hospital, and Gold’s Gym of Paramus are issuing a town-wide challenge to help make Paramus healthier! Sign up for the Paramus Weight-Loss Challenge and help Paramus reach its goal of losing 500 pounds in 12 weeks. The weight-loss challenge is free and open to residents of Paramus.
The challenge includes:
• Weekly weigh-ins
• Motivational health classes
• A free 2-week membership at Gold’s Gym of Paramus
• Free pre- and post-challenge cholesterol and blood sugar screening for the first 50 people registered
• A chance to win prizes, regardless of individual weight loss
The Paramus Weight-Loss Challenge Kickoff launches starting at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, March 12 (snow date March 14), at Paramus Municipal Complex, Court Room, located at 1 Jockish Square, Paramus. It will include:
• 6 to 7 p.m.: Pre-challenge weigh-ins, hip and waist measurements, blood pressure screening
• 7 to 8 p.m.: A presentation about the Challenge & Healthy Eating for Weight Loss by Janet Brancato, M.S., Registered Dietitian, The Valley Hospital
Registration is required. To register for the challenge, the blood screening, and the kickoff event please call 201-291-6467.