Hottest Languages Of Love
By Mel Fabrikant Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 11:56 AM EST
The survey reveals:
• French is the #1 Sexiest Language, (chosen by 41%)
• #2 Italian (chosen by 16%)
• #3 Spanish (chosen by 15%)
Chill dudes. We Americans still have some swag. English ranked #4th sexiest language (chosen by 10%). And so much for Gangnam style. The Korean language came in dead last – the least sexy language.
Rocket Languages, (http://www.rocketlanguages.com) an online language learning company, commissioned the international survey of more than 5,000 people (1300 Americans) who have attempted or completed at least one language learning course online.
In addition to questions about love and romance, the 5-10 minute survey asked questions about the impact language learning can have on careers and it turns out the effort to learn a new language has paid off in the boardroom AND the bedroom (where it seems to have led to more amor). When asked to name two situations when they use their second language, 54% say on the job and 20% say during intimate situations!
PICK-ME-UP for Pick Up Lines
Building off the revealing survey results, Rocket Languages has posted quick tutorials to help English-speaking Americans learn some famous pick-up lines in the three sexiest languages just in time for Valentine’s Day. These tutorials can be found here (http://www.rocketlanguages.com/valentines-day/).
For the tutorials, Rocket Languages focused on the top pick up lines from the survey. When people polled were asked the top pick-up line they’d like to hear or say in another language the top choices are:
• #1 “Where have you been all my life?” or in French “Où as-tu été toute ma vie?”
• #2 “Can I get you a drink?” or in Italian “Ti posso offrire da bere?”
• #3 “I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?” Or in Spanish “¿Perdí mi número de teléfono, me podrías dar el tuyo?”