12 Chefs to Focus on Local, Sustainable, and Seasonal Ingredient Trends
New York, NY February 20, 2013 - The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York is excited to announce a dynamic line-up of featured chefs who will offer cooking demonstrations and tastings at the Culinary Demonstration Theater on the show floor. Noteworthy chefs from television programs including Hell's Kitchen, Chopped and MasterChef will provide interactive, educational and entertaining presentations for restaurant and foodservice professionals. The trade show and conference will be held March 3-5, 2013 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
"We are thrilled that so many well know chefs will be joining us and preparing dishes with local, seasonal and sustainable sourced products, which is a strong theme for this year's event," said Ron Mathews, Industry Vice President for Reed Exhibitions' Foodservice Events. "We would also like to recognize and thank several companies who are supporting the culinary demonstration area including Phillips Foods & Restaurants Inc who is the official seafood sponsor and Kitchens with Confidence, NYS Dietetic Association and Waring Pro."
As of press time, the following is a list of chefs scheduled to participate. For a complete listing of dates and times, click here.
• Chef Tyler Anderson Winner of the hit TV Show, Chopped, Season 2 and Owner, Millwrights Restaurant in Simsbury, CT wants guests to feel that the dining room is their home away from home, a gathering spot to enjoy inspired New England cuisine in a beautiful, historic setting.
• Chef Erik Blauberg, Founder, EKB Restaurant Consulting has more than 20 years of experience, is a renowned culinary expert and is known around the globe as a master chef and first-class restaurant consultant.
• Chef Ben Cicitto of Phillips Seafood, sponsors of the culinary theater, will be using the freshest ingredients to showcase during this demonstration and tasting.
• Chef Kevin Cottle from the hit TV Show, Hell's Kitchen, Season 6 is the Executive Chef at Jordan Caterers, serving the social, corporate, and civic communities of Southern New England with determined care and expertise.
• Chef Van Hurd from the hit TV Show, Hell's Kitchen, Season 6 is a member of the Texas Chef Association and the Connecticut Club Chefs Association; Hurd received his culinary degree from The Art Institute of Dallas.
• Chef Ryan Jones, Owner of The Mill at 2T in Simsbury, CT is a non-traditional chef offering a straight forward thought process: that local, seasonal and sustainable sourced ingredient are more satisfying and that these simple ingredients form the most significant part of what makes great food great.
• Chef Bun Lai, Owner, Miya's Sushi in New Haven, CT is an Asian American chef, environmentalist and social activist who is passionate about climate change, sustainable living practices and rethinking the way "life should be lived and business should be done."
• Chef Barbie Marshall, semi finalist on Hell's Kitchen Season 10 is a Johnson & Wales University-trained chef and a mother living in Southwest Philadelphia, juggling home life and works as the executive catering chef at SOOP Catering in Gap, PA.
• Gary Monterosso author of Artisan Beer, a complete guide to savoring the world's finest beer will be discussing beer styles and flavors, pairing beer and food and much more.
• Chef Danielle Rimmer, from the hit TV Show, Hell's Kitchen, Season 10 and currently works with Yankees/Kosher food, as a saucier.
• Chefs AJ and Anna Rossi, husband and wife team who were finalists on the hit TV Show, MasterChef who are owners of Brave Apron Catering, specializing in local New England cuisine. AJ & Anna met nearly 6 years ago at Daisy Buchanan's on Newbury Street in Boston and have been side by side ever since.
• Certified Master Chef Fritz Sonnenschmidt is an author/editor of The Professional Art of Garde Manger, Dining with Sherlock Holmes, The American Harvest, and Tastes and Tales of a Chef: Stories and Recipes, as well as a television personality, appearing on PBS in six seasons of Cook Secrets of the CIA and five seasons of Grilling Maestros.
About The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York
The 2013 International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York will be held Sunday, March 3 - Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York. The show is produced and managed by Reed Exhibitions, and owned and sponsored by the New York State Restaurant Association. For more information on exhibiting or attending, call (888) 334-8705 or visit the official Show web-site at www.thefoodshows.com.