NEW YORK, NY, March 1, 2013 - The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York opens this Sunday, March 3 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York. Over 20,000 restaurant and foodservice industry professionals will gather to see and sample dozens of new products, services, and equipment from more than 500 leading vendors, and participate in educational programs and many special events. The event is sponsored and owned by the New York State Restaurant Association, and managed and produced by Reed Exhibitions. Here are some of the event highlights:
• Culinary Demonstration Theater - Note worthy chefs from television programs including Hell's Kitchen, Chopped and MasterChef will provide interactive, educational and entertaining presentations for restaurant and foodservice professionals. Star chefs including Chefs Kevin Cottle and Van Hurd from Hell's Kitchen, Chef Tyler Anderson from Chopped Season 2; and Chefs AJ and Anna Rossi from MasterChef as well as Certified Master Chef Fritz Sonnenschmidt and others.
• New York Farm to City Expo - Attend panels on "Growing the Local Food Economy: Trends, Infrastructure, and Purchasing," as well as networking opportunities. Enjoy all day access to the Pride of New York Marketplace offering 40 New York State based farms and food companies exhibiting all locally grown food and wine, encouraging local restaurants to use products and wineries within the state of New York.
• Japan Pavilion - The 2013 Japan Pavilion will feature the ingredients ramen and koji, which have currently exploded in popularity in Japan. The Japan Pavilion will introduce shio koji for the first time and teach industry processionals all about this special type of koji and how to use it to enhance the flavor of any dish. Executive Chef Taku Sato from Nobu Restaurant will also be making his debut in the Japan Pavilion.
• Food Trends Experience - The new Food Trends Experience is a tasting adventure providing direct access to product, flavors and ingredients driving the most recent trends in the market - healthy, organic, sustainable, ethnic, artisanal, and more! Presented within the Show, the Food Trends Experience is the fastest and most convenient way to see, taste, discover and learn about the new culinary innovations that will inspire creative and fresh menu ideas, delight customers and drive profits.
• US Pastry Competition - Paris Gourmet presents the 24th Annual U.S. Pastry Competition on Sunday, March 3, 2013, where 20 rising stars of the pastry world have been selected to compete for the coveted title, Pastry Chef of the Year. The theme for this year's event is "Women". New for the 2013 event is a student competition which will take place on Monday, March 4th. Six of the top student pastry chefs will compete with the same theme and rules as the US Pastry Competition.
About The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York
The 2013 International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York will be held Sunday, March 3 - Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York. The show is produced and managed by Reed Exhibitions, and owned and sponsored by the New York State Restaurant Association. For more information on exhibiting or attending, call (888) 334-8705 or visit the official Show web-site at www.thefoodshows.com.