LIGHTFAIR International 2013 Features Additions To Institute And Conference
By Mel Fabrikant Saturday, March 02, 2013, 06:50 AM EST
New education offerings will enhance and expand the LIGHTFAIR® International (LFI®) 2013 LIGHTFAIR Institute® and Conference program, which will present more than 100 industry experts as speakers during LFI’s five-day run at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia April 21-25, 2013.
The LIGHTFAIR Institute offers in-depth courses on selected topics that are focused on a particular field within lighting. The 1-day and 2-day immersion courses and 3-hour workshops range from beginner to advanced and are led by top industry experts.
The 2013 program will present 66 course offerings—totaling more than 200 hours with AIA, ASLA, BOMI, IDCEC, IES and NCQLP accreditation—offered in the Pre-Conference LIGHTFAIR Institute® and the 3-day Conference.
Also new this year, the Conference now features 3-hour workshops offered parallel to the trade show in addition to its seminars and the workshops offered in the LIGHTFAIR Institute.
• Light Source Basics
• Daylighting in High-Performance Schools
• What's New in Lamps and Ballasts: Light Source Update
• The New World of Roadway Lighting Design
• Lighting Retrofits: A Better Option Now than Ever Before
In addition to adding conference workshops and increasing the number of course tracks to 15, the Conference program for 2013 has added the following:
• New topics and updates
• Lunch & Learn seminar on managing LED luminaire costs
• Interactive Daylighting Charrette
• Seminar offered in Spanish for the first time
• Course on solar lighting to complement the new trade show product category
• New Exterior & Roadway Lighting track to complement the new Exterior & Roadway Lighting Pavilion on the trade show floor
• Final conference workshop takes place in the afternoon on the last day of the trade show
Attendees can select a combination of courses that best fits their educational interests with any of the conference packages. They can choose the new 5-day Full Conference Package which covers all Institute and Conference days, or they can build a 3-day Conference Package and 2-day Institute Package. Courses, workshops and seminars can also be selected individually.
All Conference information can be found on the LIGHTFAIR website at http://www.lightfair.com/lightfair/V40/index.cvn?id=10266 .
For LIGHTFAIR® International 2013, the LIGHTFAIR Institute® Pre-Conference program takes place from Sunday, April 21 – Monday, April 22, 2013 and the LFI Trade Show and Conference will run Tuesday, April 23 – Thursday, April 25, 2013. For more information about LIGHTFAIR International and 2013 Conference information, please visit www.lightfair.com.
LIGHTFAIR International is the world’s largest annual commercial and architectural lighting trade show and conference and is sponsored by the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) and the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD). The event is produced and managed by AMC, Inc.