LIGHTFAIR® International 2013 Offers Industry’s Key Networking & Special Events
By Mel Fabrikant Thursday, March 14, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT
LIGHTFAIR® International (LFI®) will offer a robust schedule of networking and special events to be staged in the newly added Hall F, which will feature the popular Spotlight Lounge and new product categories at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia April 21-25, 2013.
With its central location in Hall F, the Spotlight Lounge is the exclusive site for new events such as:
• LC Exam Study Group Forum - Hosted by the IES
• Panel with Paul Marantz and Paul Gregory - Hosted by LD+A
• Welcome Coffee - Sponsored by LIGHTFAIR
• Exhibitor Presentations - Sponsors are EMERGE ALLIANCE, SIEMENS BUILDING TECHNOLOGIES, INC., INTELLIDIMMER and GE LIGHTING
• Lighting Design Certification Update - Hosted by the IALD
• Show Keynote: Vinod Khosla - Sponsored by SORAA, INC.
• Reunion Iberoamericana: Reception & Mixer
• Appreciation “Lunch in the Lounge” (complimentary lunch)
• New Exhibitor Pavilion Passport Giveaway
• Exterior & Roadway Lighting Pavilion Grand Prize Giveaway
LightFEST, a signature event of 2013, will bring together industry professionals from around the world for an evening of networking, entertainment, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. Attendees and exhibitors will celebrate opening day of the trade show by enjoying the festivities and networking with others in the industry following the closing of the trade show floor on Day 1. LightFEST takes place Tuesday, April 23 from 6:15-8 p.m.
The LFI Innovation Awards® will highlight the best in product innovation in a newly streamlined format for 2013. The top 3 finalists in each category will be highlighted, and the category winners and the four main Award winners will be announced during the presentation. LIGHTFAIR will honor and celebrate the industry’s most innovative products and designs during the Awards, taking place at a later start time this year, on Tuesday, April 23, at 9 a.m. at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, just before the opening of the LFI exhibit hall at 10 a.m.
Visit http://www.lightfair.com/lightfair/V40/index.cvn?id=10319 for the full networking and special event schedule.
For LIGHTFAIR® International 2013, the Pre-Conference program takes place from Sunday, April 21 – Monday, April 22, 2013 and the LFI Trade Show and Conference will run Tuesday, April 23 – Thursday, April 25, 2013. For more information about LIGHTFAIR International, please visit www.lightfair.com.
LIGHTFAIR International is the world’s largest annual commercial and architectural lighting trade show and conference and is sponsored by the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) and the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD). The event is produced and managed by AMC, Inc.