The Allendale Community Announces Upcoming Spring Events Live Music and Dance Performances Slated at Senior Campus
By Mel Fabrikant Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 06:39 PM EDT
The roster of spring events at The Atrium at The Allendale Community for Mature Living includes live entertainment, featuring performances by local dance and music students. Residents enjoy a long list of recreational, social and spiritual activities at the senior campus. All of the following programs are free and open to the public:
• Wed., Apr. 3 – Spring into some tropical fun with a cooking class and food tasting presented by The Atrium’s Chef Vincent Timony at 2 p.m. in the Activities Room.
• Thurs., Apr. 4 – Music students from the Joyce Kilmer School in Mahwah will be presenting an orchestral concert in The Atrium Lobby at 1:30 p.m.
• Fri., April 5 – A two-part program featuring performances by local dance and music students will begin at 6:30 p.m. in The Atrium Lobby. The accomplished students of piano teacher Shin Hye Lee will present a concert featuring various popular, jazz and classical selections. Jung Tae Hee’s Korean Dance Studio will present a celebration of Korean culture with a traditional fan dance. Dance students use bright fans combined with graceful movements to capture the elegant essence of the fan.
• Sat., April 13 – Dr. Miles Howard Dinner will present a classical piano performance at 2 p.m. in The Atrium Lounge.
• Fri., April 19 – Bloomingdale's at The Shops at Riverside in Hackensack, N.J. welcomes the public to attend a cooking demonstration and tasting by The Atrium’s Chef Vincent Timony from noon to 2 p.m. Timony will prepare Maryland crab cakes with remoulade sauce and Key West salad with key lime dressing. The demonstration will take place in Karina’s Cuchina on the main level of Bloomingdale’s, which is located at 390 Hackensack Avenue in Hackensack.
• Sat., Apr. 20 – “Biwanko,” a TAIKO (Japanese Drum) drumming troupe based in New Jersey will be performing at 3:30 p.m. in The Atrium Lobby.
• Thurs., Apr. 25 – “Echoes of Sinatra,” a musical journey through the life and times of “Ol’ Blue Eyes” will be presented by Steve Kazlauskas at 7 p.m. in The Atrium Lounge.
The Allendale Community for Mature Living is located at 85 Harreton Road, on 12 suburban acres in Allendale, N.J. The campus is easily accessible via Route 17 South with private driveway access. To RSVP or for more information about upcoming events, contact Mary Stampleman at (201) 818-7979 or visit www.allendalecommunity.com.
About The Allendale Community for Mature Living:
Like The Allendale Community for Mature Living on Facebook: