Apex Engineering: Accident ReconstructionForensic Engineering Product Liability
The Paramus Post - Greater Paramus News and Lifestyle Webzine
Monday, October 20 2014 @ 07:21 AM EDT
Advertise Your Business - Tageting Bergen, Passaic Counties and North Jersey
Share

Why 75 Percent of Your Photos Are A Complete Waste


A surprising 50 percent of those surveyed by the Association of Personal Photo Organizations take over 500 photos during a standard, five day vacation. That’s roughly 100 photos taken a day during just one vacation.
Plus, only 25% of those surveyed either print their photos or make a book, leaving 75% with photos that may never been seen. Why is that?
“With the ability to take hundreds of photos in an instant people become overwhelmed very quickly,” says Cathi Nelson, Founder of APPO.  “Soon those vacation photos will be lost to the next hundred photos of back to school and sporting events.”


Because of this prolific photo-taking era, the Association of Personal Photo Organizers was created to meet this overwhelming demand of photo management.  Since its inception in 2009, over 650 individuals have joined the association only confirming that the frustration level is rising. As Personal Photo Organizers, they are trained and equipped to rescue, organize and manage an individual’s lifetime of photos.

With the school year starting Cathi and Justin Klosky, the Organizational Expert on The Talk and author of Organize & Create Discipline: An A-to-Z Guide to an Organized Existence, explain that it is crucial to create a few weekly and monthly photo organizing habits before those vacation photos and special memories get lost in the shuffle.

“Set a reminder on your calendar to delete your photos from your phone and memory card once a week, saving only the best,” Cathi says.  “Then once a month print your favorites or upload them to a photo site such as Linea or Shutterfly. Get in the habit of saving the best and deleting the rest, you won’t regret looking back at your favorite beach photos someday if it is only 25 or 30 rather than 500.”

Klosky suggests editing down on photos while you are on your trip.
“This will make your download process much simpler when you return from that needed vacation,” he says. “Instead of dealing with hours and thousands of photos you will cut your time by 75% and only have the ones you think you need.”

“Also make sure that once you are done going through your camera you have your pictures backed up. There is nothing worse than losing all of your photos from that special day because you forgot to back up,” says Klosky. “Once your pictures are secure then format those memory cards so you are ready for your next adventure.”

Klosky explains that when you are thinking about printing photos only print the ones that you have room for in your space.
“If this means replacing another photo in a current frame, then so it goes,” he says.

comments powered by Disqus

Adsense R01 300x250

Home Sidebar Ad 1

Top 10 Stories in 30 Days

Top 10 Stories in the last 30 Days

Adsense R02 300x250

Text Sponsor Ads

Trinity Presbyterian Church
Join the purpose driven church exercising faith, hope, and love because nothing else matters...
www.TrinityFamily.org
Spivak Lighting
Lamp Repairs, Chandeliers, Track Lighting, Outdoor Lamps, Recess Lighting, Paddle Fans, Consultation
www.spivaklighting.com
StoneMicro Web Technologies
Dynamic Website Development, Content Management System, Blogs, Web design, Web hosting services
www.StoneMicro.com
Sponsor ParamusPost

Popular tags at this site

Error in PHP Block. Function, phpblock_tag_cloud, does not exist.