Recipes From a Vegetarian Journey by Chris and Carolyn Caldicott
By Mel Fabrikant Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 01:13 PM EDT
The new book WORLD FOOD CAFE: QUICK AND EASY [Frances Lincoln Ltd, September 2013, $29.95 US / $32.99 CAN], brings together these adventurous yet traditional recipes and stories for the first time. From Yogurt Borhani in Bangladesh, where delicate spicing is passed down through the generations, to Barleycrust Baked Mushrooms in Helsinki where forests are carpeted with wild mushrooms each autumn season, WORLD FOOD CAFE: QUICK AND EASY shows readers how they too can experience exotic, meat-free dishes from the far reaches of the globe around their own dining room tables.
More than 100 quick vegetarian recipes fill the pages of this new book including:
• Syrian Jeweled Aubergine and Chickpeas in Garlicky Yoghurt Sauce found in restaurants across Damascus and beyond
• Sweet Mung Bean Che and star anise spiced Pho Noodle Soup from Vietnam
• Iced Rooibus Tea Sundowners and Spiced Veldt Bread from Namibia, both reminiscent of the country’s Colonial German settlers
• Caramelized Rum and Coconut Pina Asadas from Cuba will go down with island nation’s most popular drink, the Classic Mojito
• Crispy Rice Cakes from Laos which pack a surprising punch of delicious South Asian flavors
A follow-up to the hugely popular cookbook World Food Cafe [Frances Lincoln Ltd, 2006], WORLD FOOD CAFE: QUICK AND EASY is a must-have addition for vegetarians and travelers alike—or anyone who appreciates simple and easy yet delicious and healthy dishes from far and wide!
About the Author
Chris Caldicott is a journalist and photographer. With his wife Carolyn Caldicott he owned and ran the World Food Cafe in London's Covent Garden, where they cooked and served delicious vegetarian food from recipes collected on their travels. He and Carolyn are co-authors of three Frances Lincoln vegetarian cookery books and his photographs also appear in a wide range of newspapers and magazines. Since 1991 Chris has been an official photographer for the Royal Geographical Society. Chris and Carolyn live in Winchester in the United Kingdom.
* * *
WORLD FOOD CAFE: QUICK AND EASY
Recipes From a Vegetarian Journey
by Chris and Carolyn Caldicott
Frances Lincoln Ltd
$29.95 US / $32.99 CAN
ALSO AVAILABLE AS EBOOK!