Shannon Rose Irish Pubs Host Tap Takeover By Brooklyn Brewery Save-the-date for September 26, 2013
By Mel Fabrikant Thursday, September 12, 2013, 03:25 PM EDT
Join the Shannon Rose Irish Pubs for an exclusive celebration of local brewing. Join the Brewmasters of Brooklyn Brewery, located in Brooklyn, NY, as they take over Shannon Rose’s taps to share their outstanding ales and lagers. Brooklyn Brewery, well known for their perennial favorites including lagers, brown ales, pale ales, Pilsner and Pennant ales, offers high quality, hand-brewed beer created in New York City. The beers are now available in 17 countries including Japan and Brazil. Brooklyn Brewery Brewmasters and representatives will be appearing on Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 5 p.m. at each Shannon Rose’s Clifton, Woodbridge and Ramsey locations. One lucky winner from each pub will win a trip for four to the Brooklyn Brewery, with cool swag to take home after a tasting and a “Small Batch” Tour. Guests even take home their tasting glasses.
Beers to consider tasting at all three pubs include but are not limited to the following releases below. Note: Their alcohol by volume, abbreviated as ABV, is a standard measure of how much alcohol is contained in each alcoholic beverage:
• Sorachi Ace – (ABV 7.5 %) - a crackling dry, golden single-hop farmhouse ale, 100 percent bottle re-fermented and made entirely with Sorachi Ace hops, resulting in a bright spicy lemongrass and lemon zest aroma backed by a clean malt flavor.
• Pumpkin Ale – (ABV 5 %) - features a warm pumpkin aroma, biscuit-like malt center and crisp finish. Copious amounts of pumpkin are blended into the mash.
• Brooklyn Oktoberfest – (ABV 5.5 %) - Brewed from German malt and hops, full-bodied and malty, with a bready aroma and light, brisk hop bitterness.
• Black Chocolate Stout – (ABV 10%) - this is the famous rendition of the Imperial Stout style once made exclusively for Catherine the Great, featuring a luscious deep dark chocolate flavor from three mashes of specially roasted malts.
• Pennant Ale ‘55 – (ABV 5%) - this brisk, malty, honey-colored English-style pale ale is the tribute to the 1955 World Champion Brooklyn Dodgers baseball team.
• Brooklyn Blast – (ABV 9%) - a strong IPA featuring nine different hops – half American, half English – backed by firm malt solidity and balance.
• Cuvée La Bôite – (ABV 8.2%) – a Belgian-inspired beer in the “Grand Cru” style, subtly infused with Lior’s unique blend of Mish Mish (lemon, saffron, crystalized honey), fresh kaffir lime leaves, and rare Espelette peppers.
• Silver Anniversary Lager – (ABV 9%) – a special Doppelbock version of the Brooklyn Lager, introduced in 1988. The original was inspired by the beers of 19th Century New York and Vienna.
Garrett Oliver is the brewmaster of Brooklyn Brewery, editor-in-chief of The Oxford Companion to Beer, co-author of The Good Beer Book and author of The Brewmaster’s Table, and considered universally as a beer authority. He is a graduate of Boston University and an Institute for Brewing Studies recipient of the 1998 Russell Schehrer Award for Innovation and Excellence in Brewing – the highest award given within the United States brewing profession. He is also the recipient of Denmark’s 2003 Semper Ardens Award for Beer Culture; Cheer’s 2006 Beverage Media’s “Beverage Innovator-of-the-Year” award and in 2007 Forbes named Garrett a top ten tastemaker in the country for wine, beer and spirits.
Garrett hosted more than 800 beer tastings, dinners and cooking demonstrations at fine restaurants, cooking events and cooking schools throughout 14 countries. He is a recognized media spokesman for craft brewing. A brewmaster with Brooklyn Brewery since 1994, he joined Brooklyn Brewery founder and local beer historian Steve Hind and his partner Tom Potter of Park Slope on their quest to produce quality craft beers before it was popular. For more information, please visit:
Closer to home, beer aficionados and samplers alike are invited to come to Shannon Rose and celebrate the independent brewer and the culture and community of craft beer. In conjunction with this great celebration, The Shannon Rose Irish Pub are proud to provide several unique Tap Takeover opportunities for New Jersey craft brew fans year-round a chance to sample different year-round, limited and seasonal beers.
Join us at our Clifton Commons, Ramsey and Woodbridge locations during the tap takeover week and let us introduce you to some beers that speak for themselves – crafted by Brooklyn Brewery.