Toys"R"Us Unveils Key Holiday Initiatives
By Mel Fabrikant Friday, September 13, 2013, 03:34 PM EDT
Toys“R”Us, Inc. today unveiled select key holiday initiatives at a special preview event in New York City with retail business reporters. Key takeaways include:
• The company has made a significant investment in Reinventing the Toy Box by generating a new and enhanced shopping experience in Toys“R”Us stores, expanding product categories that have experienced sales growth over the past few years, while reducing the space dedicated to those areas that have underperformed over time. Beginning this holiday season, Toys“R”Us will:
o Serve as THE Education Destination for kids, parents and teachers alike, offering exclusive learning products not widely sold by mass retailers.
o Capitalize on Construction by instating a “Shop within a Store” in approximately 300 of its locations, showcasing major construction brands, such as LEGO and Mega Bloks.
o Create an Experiential Tablet Destination in-store for kids and families, showcasing 25 tablets, including tabeo e2, which can be tested and engaged with.
• Its robust omnichannel capabilities will continue to enable customers to shop with “R”Us wherever, whenever and however they choose. This holiday season, shoppers will enjoy an improved wait time for “Buy Online, Pickup In Store” orders on Toysrus.com, expedited fulfillment time for “Ship to Store” purchases, secondary in-store pickup locations, and more.
• The company will roll out an aggressive marketing program this holiday, inclusive of personalized e-mail communications, as well as exceptional values and deals every day from now until Christmas. Its loyalty incentives will be enhanced throughout the holiday season, inclusive of a Friends & Family 20% coupon and an extra 25% bonus for “R”Us credit cardholders, among other programs.
The company is offering customers a number of compelling reasons to shop early this holiday season with a comprehensive package of valuable incentives designed to alleviate the stress of the last-minute hunt for gifts, including:
• Approximately 35 million Rewards“R”Us loyalty program members have the opportunity to earn 10% back, up to $100, on qualifying toy purchases through October 31. Better yet, these earnings will be delivered via an e-gift card with no exclusions in November – in time to complete their holiday shopping. Rewards“R”Us members who take advantage of layaway can also participate.
• Back by popular demand, FREE layaway will be offered through December 15 with no upfront service fee and no minimum purchase requirement. New this year, after an order is created in-store, subsequent payments can be made online at Toysrus.com.
• A series of new pricing initiatives, including the recently announced expansion of Price Match Guarantee, showcases the values we offer our customers daily on key items, removing any doubt that they’re getting a great deal.
• A new extended return policy allows customers to shop with even more confidence now for their holiday purchases, knowing they can make returns through January 25.