Prolexic Enhances PLXportal with Expanded Real-Time Views of DDoS and Network Activity
By Mel Fabrikant Friday, September 27, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Prolexic, the global leader in Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection services, announced today that it has introduced a number of enhancements to its customer gateway, PLXportal. These include an expanded user dashboard, additional real-time views of network activity, new views of global DDoS threat intelligence, and optimization for viewing on tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices.
PLXportal is a secure online resource that gives Prolexic customers a real-time view of what is happening on their network and Prolexic’s DDoS mitigation network before, during, and after a denial of service attack. Prolexic customers can also access real-time and near real-time DDoS intelligence and alerts provided by the Prolexic Security Engineering and Response Team (PLXsert). There is also a robust set of account management tools, including a secure wizard to upload SSL encryption keys to Prolexic for encrypted Layer 7 DDoS attack mitigation.
"This latest iteration of PLXportal provides our customers with the broadest and deepest attack forensics and network data in the industry that is updated in real-time, which is unprecedented,” said Stuart Scholly, president at Prolexic. “Because of this unique level of visibility, we can work more efficiently with our clients to detect and mitigate DDoS attacks faster.”
Using PXLportal, customers can quickly gain a big picture view of network activity and anomalies that may indicate DDoS, as well as drill down to view hundreds of metrics. This latest version provides a more holistic view of network health and access to a broader range of alert types from multiple monitoring points.
Prolexic customers can use PLXportal’s new attack timeline analytics to improve their preparedness for future DDoS incidents. After an attack has been mitigated, Prolexic customers can analyze and view the individual events as they occurred to understand the scale of the DDoS attack and network impact. For example, data can be used to analyze attack vectors and identify network vulnerabilities.
Other highlights of PLXportal include:
• Watch all of the customer’s traffic as it traverses Prolexic’s network, in a single view
• Manage traffic information, alerts, tickets, and events in a comprehensive view with an intuitive interactive timeline space
• Filter information to their desired level of detail to best understand the composition and timing of traffic
Optimized views for mobile devices
• PLXportal can be accessed and viewed anywhere there is Internet access – on a tablet, smartphone, touch screen device or on any computer browser
• Access the latest DDoS threat information compiled by PLXsert
• View attack traffic distribution and attacker behavior globally from PLXpatrol, which is updated throughout the day, every day
New PLXabm analytics view
• Upload and deploy certificates and keys securely using the new SSL Manager
• Gain a more holistic view of application based monitoring with a new mapping display, advance filtering, and advanced searching
These enhancements build upon the existing features of PLXportal, which include:
• Views of real-time HTTP and HTTPS request patterns for live traffic
• Unified, timeline of changes associated with external sensors, monitoring, attacks and configurations
• Attack reports
• Security Operations Center (SOC) alerts
• Prolexic DDoS mitigation service configuration information
• Downloadable logs and stats
• Client-specific support information
• An online ticketing system for requests
“Seconds count when defending against DDoS attacks,” Scholly said. “That’s why Prolexic is committed to continually updating PLXportal with additional views and more granular DDoS threat data that is far beyond what other mitigation providers can offer.”
View a video and learn more at www.prolexic.com/plxportal.