IDEA Launches New Website idea4industry.com
By Mel Fabrikant Friday, October 11, 2013, 04:41 PM EDT
New content highlights how industry leaders use IDEA applications to enhance their business
The Industry Data Exchange Association, Inc. (IDEA), the official technology service provider and eBusiness standards body of the electrical industry, today announced its new website idea4industry.com. The company’s website domain and social media properties have been updated to reflect this change.
“We changed our tagline to ‘By the Industry. For the Industry.’ and our website domain to reinforce our commitment to the electrical industry. We’ve also streamlined the navigation and content on our site to make it easier for people to quickly find what they’re looking for,” said Bob Gaylord, President and CEO, IDEA. “Increased adoption of our applications translates to greater efficiencies and cost savings for our customers. The new website is a tool that can be used to help our customers encourage adoption with their trading partners.”
The leaders who shared their experiences with IDEA’s applications for the new site include:
• Greg Chun, Vice President of Information Technology, McNaughton-McKay Electric Co.
• Art Cook, CEO, Buckles-Smith
• John Hoffman, VP Sales & Market Development, Legrand
• Les Johnson, CIO and VP of Information Technology, North Coast Electric
• Lura McBride, Chief Operating Officer, Van Meter, Inc.
• Samer Shehadeh, Manager of EDI & eCommerce, Eaton’s Electrical Sector
• Jeff Skiles, Director of IT and Shared Services, Kirby Risk Electrical Supply
• Bill Snyder, VP of Channel Development, Schneider Electric
• Peter Vient, EDI and Data Sync Coordinator, OSRAM SYLVANIA
• View their stories
The new site was revealed to customers at IDEA’s annual event, the IDEA E-Biz Forum, in Orlando, FL. All media, partners and customers are encouraged to update their sites with IDEA’s new logo files available at http://idea4industry.com/media-center .
About IDEA: The Industry Data Exchange Association, Inc. (IDEA) is the official technology service provider and eBusiness standards body of the electrical industry. The company helps thousands of manufacturers and distributors find the most cost-effective methods for running day-to-day business. IDEA’s applications help connect the supply chain and make business processes efficient, easy and enjoyable for people every day. IDEA was founded in 1998 through a partnership rooted in the collective leadership of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and the National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) members. Their applications also bring value to vertical markets such as industrial, retail, and consumer-packaged goods. IDEA is headquartered in Arlington, VA (idea4industry.com).