Artrage For iPad v. 1.6 Launched -- Supports New Bluetooth Pressure Sensitive Styluses
By Mel Fabrikant Monday, October 14, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
Ambient Design www.artrage.com, the leading award-winning creator of realistic art painting software for Mac, Windows, iPad and iPhone, announced today ArtRage for iPad v. 1.6, upgraded with Bluetooth stylus support and other updates. Available immediately at the Apple iTunes Store, ArtRage for iPad 1.6 now supports Bluetooth pressure-sensitive styluses, including the Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus, TenOne Pogo Connect Stylus, and the original model Adonit Jot Touch.
In addition to Bluetooth styluses, ArtRage for iPad also supports all traditional capacitive styluses. To activate support for Bluetooth styluses in ArtRage, users can go to the “Settings” icon on the iPad, click the ArtRage section, turn on support for the selected stylus, and follow the pairing instructions. For information on ArtRage for iPad, please see http://www.artrage.com/artrage-ipad.html . For more info on using ArtRage for iPad with Bluetooth devices, see the help section in the ArtRage for iPad app.
Become a Mobile Digital Artist on your iPad
ArtRage for iPad lets you become a mobile digital artist on your iPad, providing the experience of actually “painting” digitally on an iPad canvas with oil paints that smear and blend, and watercolors that flow together to create soft, wet gradations, just as they would in a traditional art studio.
ArtRage for iPad 1.6 New Features include:
• Support for Bluetooth pressure-sensitive styluses.
• Optional Tap and Hold Color Sampling.
• Improved Airbrush Strokes.
• “Save” Speed Improvements.
• Updates for: Import Popover Dismissal, Landscape Mode Drag, and Color Sampler.
ArtRage for iPad General Features:
• Reference & Tracing: Images and digital camera support for referencing and tracing images and importing images to help you as you paint.
• Largest Canvas: Largest of any painting app on the market -- 2048 x 2048 (4K).
• Realistic color blending.
• Recording: Paint stroke recordings can be played back in ArtRage 4 in Mac and Windows.
• Sharing: Features file sharing, importing and exporting.
• Paint Strokes: High quality rendered strokes show the amount of paint on the canvas.
• Oil Brush and Airbrush: With thickness and smearing.
• Palette Knife: For spreading and blending pigment.
• Tools: Paint Roller, Paint Tube, Eraser, Inking Pen with auto-smoothing and pressure simulation, Pencil & Marker Pen, Chalk & Crayon. Watercolor tracking shows paper wetness as you paint.
• Settings: For fine control of each tool and custom tool presets for storing favorites.
• Unlimited: Unlimited Layers, Undo, Redo, and Color Samples.
ArtRage for iPad is available for $4.99 at the iTunes store at Apple iTunes Store. ArtRage 4 for Mac and Windows is also available with more advanced features, priced at $49.90. For more information, see www.artrage.com, ArtRage for iPad Features: http://www.artrage.com/artrage-ipad-features.html , Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/artrage , Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/artrage_radar .
About Ambient Design Ltd.
Ambient Design Ltd. is a New Zealand-based global software development and publishing firm, specializing in creative applications and user interfaces for artists of all ages and all levels of competency, including professionals, hobbyists and students. The principals have over 40 years experience in combining complex image processing algorithms with an easily accessible user experience. Ambient Design Ltd. was founded in 2000 by Andy Bearsley and Matt Fox-Wilson, formerly of MetaCreations, the developer of Painter, Bryce and Kai’s Power Tools. Ambient Design’s products are available in 12 languages and have been downloaded over 10 million times. For more information, see www.artrage.com .
ArtRage, Ambient Design and the BrushMan logo are trademarks of Ambient Design Ltd.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.