Learn to Identify the Unique Risk Factors and Warning Signs of Mental Health Challenges in Youth Aged 12 Through 18...
By Mel Fabrikant Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 03:57 PM EDT
Youth Mental Health First Aid
Certified Training Class
Wednesday, November 20 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Full day course and training materials: $150
Youth Mental Health First Aid is new public education program that has been widely discussed in the media and was recommended by President Obama in his plan - Now Is the Time: The President's Plan to Protect our Children and our Communities by Reducing Gun Violence - released earlier this year.
The class focuses on addressing the unique challenges and characteristics of those between the ages of 12 and 18, and who may be experiencing a mental health challenge or are in a crisis. It will provide you with the knowledge and a proven action plan to respond to a crisis and avoid escalation.
You will be trained by experts who are Certified MHFA-USA Instructors who have gone through the extensive Mental Health First Aid training and passed all required instructor certification tests.
In this one-day class you will learn...
• The risk factors and warning signs of a variety of mental health challenges common to youth including anxiety, depression, psychosis, eating disorders, ADHD, disruptive behavior disorders, and substance abuse disorders.
• A proven five-step action plan to support the youth when displaying warning signs or symptoms of a mental health crisis.
• Professional, peer, social, and self-help resources available to help someone with a mental health problem.
You should take this course if you...
• Interact regularly with youth age 12-18.
• Are a teacher, coach, mentor, juvenile justice professional, hospital staff member, nurse, medical or mental health professional, faith leader, or community leader.
• Have a friend or family member, or know someone who struggles with mental illness.
• A full-day training from YMHFA-certified instructors.
• Complete training materials.
• Plus free ALGEE Koala bear to keep as a reminder of the 5-step process you will learn.
• A light breakfast and lunch will be served.
When: Wednesday, November 20th, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Where: CarePlus Headquarters, Paramus