Bills Top Monday Assembly Session
By Mel Fabrikant Friday, January 03 2014 @ 06:42 PM EST
Protecting Consumers from Retail Credit Card Surcharges, Drone Use Standards, Invalidating Christie Civil Service Rule Changes & Several Women’s Rights
(TRENTON) – Prohibiting retail mercantile establishments from imposing surcharges on consumer credit card purchases, setting law enforcement standards for drone use, invalidating proposed Civil Service rule changes by the Christie administration and several women’s rights bills – including banning discrimination based on pregnancy - top Monday’s Assembly voting session.
The session is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. and will be streamed live at: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/media/live_audio.asp
• A-3758/3743 (Schaer/Prieto/Singleton/Barnes/Benson/Jimenez/Gusciora/Moriarty) - Prohibits retail mercantile establishments from imposing surcharges on consumer credit card purchases.
• A-4073 (Benson/Prieto/Caride) - Sets forth certain standards to be followed by law enforcement agencies and fire departments when utilizing drones.
• A-2601 (Vainieri Huttle/Stender/Quijano) - Prohibits genital mutilation of females under 18 years of age.
• A-4280 (Lampitt/Mosquera) - "Autumn Joy Stillbirth Research and Dignity Act"; requires DOH to establish protocols for stillbirths, establishes stillbirth research database.
• A-4486 (Lampitt/Johnson) - Prohibits discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
• ACR-215 (Stender) - Invalidates or prohibits adoption of rule proposed by Civil Service Commission to establish job banding program.
• A-2574 (Vainieri Huttle/Caride) - Establishes measures to deter steroid use among students.
• A-954 (Oliver) - Establishes School Asthma Protocol Task Force, and A-3641 (Giblin/Oliver) - Requires boards of education to adopt policies to make schools asthma-friendly.
• A-2734 (Caride) - Requires schools to maintain supply of epinephrine and permit administration of epinephrine to any student having anaphylactic reaction.
• A-1336 (Greenwald/DeAngelo) - Permits registered voters to receive mail-in ballots automatically for all elections under certain conditions; limits number of sample ballots transmitted to each residence.
• A3828 (Burzichelli/DeAngelo/Diegnan) - Creates New Jersey Cold War medal.
• A-3559 (Benson/Vainieri Huttle/Jasey) - Requires training program for school bus drivers and aides on interacting with students with special needs.
• A-3619 (Cryan) - Requires cable television, telecommunications, and public utility service providers request alternate modes of communication from customers; requires that providers contact customers in event of service interruptions and emergencies.
• A-3898 (Ramos/Spencer/Eustace/Vainieri Huttle) - Authorizes municipalities to finance water conservation, storm shelter construction, and flood and hurricane resistance projects.
• A-3427 (Tucker/Singleton/Eustace/Lampitt/Greenwald/Wisniewski) - Provides for temporary professional or occupational licensure for qualified nonresident military spouses.
• A-1260 (Coughlin/Sumter) - Regulates teen nights by requiring security provided by police officers, prohibiting persons under age 15 from attending, and disqualifying registered sex offenders from employment.
• A-3390 (O’Donnell/Coughlin) - Requires newborn infant screening for tongue tie.
• A-781 (Vainieri Huttle/Quijano) - Concerns stalking and related restraining order protections for adoptive children and their adoptive parents victimized by persons whose parental rights to the adoptive children have been terminated.
• A-4072 (Sumter/Tucker/Andrzejczak) - Establishes pilot program in DOE to recruit, select, and train veterans for school security positions in school districts.
• A-3216 (Cryan/Quijano/Ramos/Coughlin) - Requires institutions of higher education to provide to prospective students certain cost, loan, and debt information in financial aid shopping sheet.