Top Monday Assembly Hearings
By Mel Fabrikant Friday, February 07, 2014, 04:37 PM EST
Adoptee Access to Birth Certificates, Improved Domestic Violence Protections, Flood Control & Requiring Schools to Adopt Policy on Staff/Student Electronic Communication Top Monday Assembly Hearings. Hearing Also Set on Toll Worker Privatization Plans
Legislation to permit adoptees to obtain an original birth certificate and other related information, improve domestic violence protections, control flooding and require school districts to adopt politics concerning electronic communication between staff and students top Monday Assembly committee hearings.
The hearings are scheduled to start at 10 a.m. and will be streamed live at:
• A1259 (Prieto/Jimenez/Vainieri Huttle) - Permits adoptees and certain others to obtain adoptee's original birth certificate and other related information. 1 p.m. Human Services.
• A1963 (Riley/Vainieri Huttle/Mosquera/Benson) - Expands the domestic violence statutes to encompass minors aged 16 and older; and A2163 (Vainieri Huttle/Quijano) - Establishes the New Jersey Task Force on Domestic Violence and Abuse. 10 a.m. Women and Children.
• A1726 (Eustace/Johnson) - Amends "Flood Hazard Area Control Act" to require DEP to take certain actions concerning delineations of flood hazard areas and floodways. 2 p.m. Environment and Solid Waste.
• A1429 (Caride) - Requires school districts to adopt policies concerning electronic communications between employees and students. 10 a.m. Education.
• A2019 (Greenwald/Tucker/Johnson/Benson/DeAngelo/Wilson) - Requires public institutions of higher education to waive or reimburse application fees and transcript fees for veterans and members of the military. 10 a.m. Military and Veterans’ Affairs.
• A683 (Cryan/Quijano/Lagana) - Requires mail-in ballot applications be available at polling places on election day for voting in future elections; requires poll workers to discuss application instructions with applicant upon request. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
• A801 (Coughlin/Wisniewski) - Directs NJTA to study and report on potential revenue generating services of NJTA rest areas and service plazas. 10 a.m. Transportation.
• A2268 (Wisniewski/Singleton) - Establishes State Transportation Infrastructure Bank and Energy Bank within New Jersey Environmental Infrastructure Trust. 10 a.m. Transportation.
• A810 (Coughlin/Cryan/Johnson/Andrzejczak/Chivukula) - Exempts veterans' organizations from nonprofit corporation annual report filing fee. 10 a.m. Military and Veterans’ Affairs.
• A1384 (Wimberly/Prieto/Coughlin) - Grants credit against business taxes to developer of rental housing reserved for occupancy by veterans. 10 a.m. Military and Veterans’ Affairs.
• A1812 (Wilson) - Extends protections of the new vehicle "lemon Law" to new motor vehicle farm equipment purchased or leased in New Jersey. 2 p.m. Agriculture and Natural Resources.
• The Assembly State and Local Government Committee will hear testimony at 2 p.m. about the privatization of toll workers on the Garden State Parkway and the New Jersey Turnpike.