CathMaps+, Which Was Launched Today in the U.S., Combines HIPAA Compliant Storage of Cardiac Medical Records With Interactive Map of Catheterization Labs Worldwide
NEW YORK and Jerusalem, Israel, February 11, 2014 – CathMaps+, the world’s first HIPAA-compliant mobile application for cardiac patients and people living with elevated risk of a cardiac incident, that integrates their cardiac history with an interactive map of Cath Labs throughout most of the world, was launched for the U.S. market today. CathMaps+ mission is simple: to use mobile technology to provide peace of mind and emergency assistance to hundreds of thousands of Americans in their most urgent time of need. The app was created by Danny Oberman, an Israeli who is originally from Melbourne, Australia and made Aliyah in 1975.
CathMaps+, owned by Kickstart LLC, is available for most Android and iOS users, and provides cardiac patients with tailored emergency tools in case of a follow-on incident, as well as GPS mapping of the nearest Catheterization Labs in many countries around the world. It also allows cardiologists fast access to critical medical history in an emergency, ensuring more informed, personalized and effective treatment.
According to the CDC, each year approximately 715,000 Americans have a heart attack. Of these, 525,000 are a first heart attack and 190,000 happen in people who have already had a heart attack. With the launch of the new CathMaps+ app, in the event of another heart attack, patients will be able to locate and receive directions to the nearest catheterization labs throughout most of the world, as well as securely access and share their medical records with the Cath Lab staff.
CathMaps+ was created by Founder and CEO, Danny Oberman, who himself experienced a cardiac incident in 2013. Because of this experience, and his personal understanding of what it means to live with an elevated risk for a heart attack, Oberman envisioned creating a tool that would help alleviate the associated anxiety. As a technology expert, his vision is to provide other cardiac patients with peace of mind through a simple, easy to use and functional app in times of emergency.
“As a cardiologist, I must commend Danny Oberman and his company’s work on developing this new application,” says Dr. Jack Stroh, an Interventional Cardiologist at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital and St. Peter’s University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. “With the levels of heart disease on the rise in the U.S., the medical community must remain vigilant in our efforts to provide patients with tools and information that can help improve their quality of their lives. I am pleased to have provided my own professional insights in the development of the application and I encourage my colleagues to consider CathMaps+ as an essential element of patient after care.”
CathMaps+ is the only app to integrate a patient’s cardiac history with an interactive map of catheterization facilities throughout most of the world. CathMaps+ is accurate, fast and easy to use. It is also private, though with user permission, information can be shared with loved ones, caregivers or emergency professionals.
“By creating and launching the CathMaps+ app, it is my hope that heart disease patients and their families will be equipped with a sense of normalcy and peace of mind as they go about their daily lives, and even travel” says Danny Oberman. “As a life or death condition, the idea of suffering a repeat incident can be an almost constant concern. This app will help offset patient anxiety while also serving as a valuable tool for cardiologists and the medical community overall.”
CathMaps+ provides a user with three primary levels of support:
Peace of Mind
• CathMaps+ provides a sense of security and preparedness for cardiac patients, especially when travelling
• CathMaps+ allows access to the medical history of loved ones
• CathMaps+ allows users to easily update their medical records after visits to a cardiologist so they remain current and up to date
• CathMaps+ is designed to be a vital, reliable resource in time of emergency
• CathMaps+ is a secure HIPAA compliant app thus ensuring medical history is secure
• CathMaps+ is the only healthcare app that provides preparedness tools for future cardiac events
• CathMaps+ is the only global map of Cath Lab facilities
• CathMaps+ supports immediate local emergency dialing, in most countries around the world
• CathMaps+ allows users to access and share their medical records with the ER or Cath Lab in advance via email, regardless of location, allowing better treatment by the cardiologist
CathMaps+ is available in English and Spanish, and is now available on the App Store and Google Store for $4.99. CathMaps+ has plans to release the app in additional languages throughout 2014. For more information, please visit us at:
• Website: www.cathmaps.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cathmaps
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZxhOuM49zI
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63zfqtA8vCk
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/CathMaps
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/100473119854239375230/posts
CathMaps+ is an Israeli-based technology company founded by Danny Oberman in 2013. The company was inspired by Oberman’s personal medical history and experience with heart disease. Dedicated to providing technologically advanced mobile applications for patients, CathMaps+ is the first company of its kind dedicated to research and technology in the cardiology sector.