Gastronomical Creations From A Three-Michelin-Starred Chef – Each 240 Calories Or Less!
By Mel Fabrikant Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 04:20 PM EST
EAT WELL AND STAY SLIM
The Essential Cuisine Minceur
by Michel Guérard
As the creator of gastronomic-yet-slimming cuisine and a driving force behind nouvelle cuisine, Michel Guérard was one of the first global Gallic celebrity chefs. His new book, EAT WELL AND STAY SLIM, distills forty years of culinary and nutritional wisdom into an extraordinary compilation of gourmet recipes.
Blends of vegetable and fruit purées produce sauces of ethereal lightness—flavors are intense, nutritional values high. All recipes bear the gastronomic hallmarks of a three-Michelin-starred chef, yet main course dishes carry a calorie count of 240 calories or less.
EAT WELL AND STAY SLIM [Frances Lincoln, April 2014, $40.00 USD / $43.99 CAN] by Michel Guérard once again redefines French cuisine by fusing traditional flavors with global influences to create more than 140 exquisite recipes with astonishingly low calorie counts. Readers will delight in dishes that are the foundation of the Essential Slimming Treatment offered at the world-renowned Eugenie-les-Bains Spa Resort in the southwest of France:
• Crunchy vegetable spring rolls with a spicy sauce – 70 calories
• Ceviche of white fish with mango and ginger – 70 calories
• Beef salad with red onion and red cabbage – 185 calories
• Spiced carrot and orange salad – 75 calories
• Mushroom tarts with asparagus tips – 165 calories
• Warm Thai chicken salad with potatoes – 140 calories
• Raspberry tiramisu – 205 calories
• French toast with vanilla-scented apple – 240 calories
As the next generation of health-conscious fine food lovers will soon discover, EAT WELL AND STAY SLIM is the culinary benchmark by which to cook and live