The Atrium at The Allendale Community Welcomes Spring with Special Events
By Mel Fabrikant Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 04:10 PM EST
Bagpiper, Step Dancing Performance, Seminar Planned at Senior Center
The Atrium Assisted Living at The Allendale Community for Mature Living will host a variety of entertaining activities in March. The following programs are free and open to the public:
• Wed., Mar. 12 – Students from the Gerrard Berman Day School in Oakland will present a special program to celebrate the Jewish holiday of Purim at 11 a.m. in the Lounge.
• Thurs., Mar. 13 – A Quilt Show & Tell will be presented in honor of National Quilting Day, an event which celebrates quilts and those who make them. The program begins at 2 p.m. in the Activities Room. Community members are invited to show off their quilting creations.
• Thurs., Mar. 13 – Irish step dancers from the McLoughlin School will perform in costume at 3:30 p.m. in the Lobby.
• Mon. Mar. 17 – Traditional, popular and some original limericks and Irish toasts will be read as part of a fun-filled program in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. The program begins at 2 p.m. in the Activities Room.
• Mon., Mar. 17 – Bagpiper Fran Raftery will be performing Irish-American tunes at 10:15 a.m. in the Atrium Lobby.
• Wed., Mar. 26 – Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC) Senior Platinum Plus will present a free educational seminar on “Understanding Psoriasis.” The presentation, led by Stephanie Kramer of Psoriasis Speaks, will provide facts about psoriasis as well as strategies for managing the disease. The program begins at 2 p.m. in the Cinema.
The Allendale Community for Mature Living is located at 85 Harreton Road (GPS: 65 Route 17 South, Ramsey), on 12 suburban acres in Allendale, N.J. For more information about upcoming events, contact Mary Stampleman at (201) 818-7979 or visit www.allendalecommunity.com.
About The Allendale Community for Mature Living:
Follow The Allendale Community for Mature Living on Facebook: