Ammunition Magazine Limit, Banning Smoking in Parks & Beaches, Higher Education Cost Disclosure, School Breakfast & Farm-to-School Program Improvements Top Thursday Voting Session
Jessica Lunsford Act & Support for Higher Wages for Newark Airport Workers Also on Tap
Legislation to reduce the capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds, prohibit smoking at public parks and beaches, require institutions of higher education to provide cost details to prospective students and improvements to the school breakfast and Farm-to-School programs top Thursday’s Assembly session.
The session is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. and will be streamed live at:
• A2006 (Greenwald/Quijano/Eustace/Johnson/Jasey) - Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
• A1080 (Vainieri Huttle/Jimenez) - Prohibits smoking at public parks and beaches.
• A-668 (Cryan/Quijano/Coughlin/Lagana) - Requires institutions of higher education to provide to prospective students certain cost, loan, and debt information in financial aid shopping sheet.
• AR99 (Cryan/Prieto) - Urges Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to request and support increase in minimum wage for workers at Newark Airport.
• A679 (Cryan/Benson/Lagana) - Encourages school districts and nonpublic schools to increase student participation in school breakfast programs; and A1796 (O’Donnell/Cryan) Prohibits school district from denying student school breakfast or school lunch because payment is in arrears without prior notice to parent; and A2186 (Singleton/Lampitt/Riley) - Mandates "breakfast after the bell" program in schools with significant low income population; and A2840 (Lampitt/Mosquera/Schaer/Spencer/Pinto Marin) - Expands school breakfast program to all schools with 5% or more of students eligible for free or reduced price meals; and A2644 (Andrzejczak/Wilson) - Directs the Dept. of Agriculture to establish a clearinghouse website for farmers to offer produce and dairy products for use by school breakfast programs, school lunch programs, and food banks
• A156 (Andrzejczak/Riley) - Requires Department of Agriculture to post on its website certain information regarding State's farm to school program; and A2642 (Andrzejczak/Riley) - Allows contributions to NJ "Farm to School" program; and A2643 (Riley/Wilson) - Establishes "Best in New Jersey 'Farm to School' Awards Program" to annually recognize the best farm to school programs implemented by a school or school district.
• A892 (Green) - Enacts the "Jessica Lunsford Act;" imposes mandatory term of imprisonment; provides for negotiated reduction of mandatory term under certain circumstances.
• A373 (Caputo/Diegnan/Spencer/Tucker/Quijano/Vainieri Huttle) - Requires school buildings to be equipped with emergency light and panic alarm linked to local law enforcement.
• A1348 (Stender/McKeon/Quijano) - Requires boil water notices to be provided by certain public water systems via telephone, email or text message.
• A801 (Coughlin/Wisniewski) - Directs NJTA to study and report on potential revenue generating services of NJTA rest areas and service plazas.
• A1812 (Wilson) - Extends protections of the new vehicle "lemon Law" to new motor vehicle farm equipment purchased or leased in New Jersey.
• A2444 (Caputo/Singleton/Vainieri Huttle/Burzichelli) - Allows person to request voluntary exclusion from gaming activities without acknowledging being problem gambler.
• A2682 (Lampitt) - Extends health benefits coverage of a newborn infant.
• A1098 (Vainieri Huttle/Eustace) - Requires follow-up studies of developmental center residents transitioning to the community.
• A2305 (DeAngelo) - Requires adoption of certain rules and regulations by DCA and DEP concerning blue roofs and green roofs; and A2307 (DeAngelo) - Requires NJ Environmental Infrastructure Financing Program to give additional weight in ranking system to projects including green or blue roofs.