State Fair Meadowlands Announces “Hot” Deals for Summer Fun
By Mel Fabrikant Wednesday, April 02 2014 @ 12:37 PM EDT
Never Miss a Moment with Opening Dollar Night, Kids Go Free, Cheap, Cheap Night and More
With Summer only 2 ½ months away, State Fair Meadowlands today announced “hot” new Bargain Days for the whole family to get out and enjoy its annual 17-day fair, which runs June 20-July 6 at State Fair Meadowlands Fairgrounds, next to the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford.
“After spending a long, cold winter stuck inside, we understand how important it is to find summer fun the whole family can enjoy,” said Al Dorso, president of State Fair Meadowlands. “Our Bargain Days and special deals mean fairgoers can truly enjoy everything the fair has to offer, including 16 sizzling new rides and loads of free entertainment. In addition to multiple discount offers, this year we are especially proud to be offering active military personnel free fair admission and unlimited ride hand stamps.”
This year’s special deals include:
• FREE admission any day for children under 34.”
• Salute to America’s Military – Every day, all active military personnel, with proper I.D. get FREE fair admission and an unlimited ride hand stamp (hand stamps not available Opening Night).
• Opening Dollar Night – Friday, June 20. Admission is $2; rides, games, parking and select food and drinks cost $2 each.
• Kids Go Free – Wednesday, June 25; children 12 & younger are admitted free. Unlimited ride hand stamps are available for $20.
• Cheap, Cheap Night – Tuesday, July 1; Admission is $4 for adults or children; admission and rides combo ticket is only $21.
• Patron Appreciation Day – Sunday, July 6 – Admission & rides combo $27 for any patron. Admission-only tickets are available for persons 13 & older - $10; child 12 & younger - $8.
• Rain Assurance – If it rains continuously for more than 30 minutes before 9 p.m., warranting the closure of the majority of rides and entertainment, State Fair will validate ticket stubs that will be good for re-entry any other weekday of the Fair (offer not valid for Dollar Night).
• Parking is FREE Monday through Wednesday and only $5.00 other days.
State Fair Meadowlands is the largest fair in the New York metro area, with over 150 rides and attractions on over 35 acres of fairgrounds. Entertainment is always free with entry ticket, so fairgoers can enjoy all-day access to exciting live music concerts, the Racing Pigs, the Big Cat show, hypnotist Steve Bayner and, for the first time this year, an Open-Air Circus featuring a real human cannonball, high-wire acts and animal shows. Returning on June 21 will be Cousin Brucie’s Second Annual Palisades Park Reunion featuring Neil Sedaka, Chubby Checker and other iconic stars from the 1960s.
A family favorite – the Sky Ride – will be back, providing fabulous views of the fair and New York City. The fair will also feature more than 50 food vendors including fair favorites corn dogs, funnel cakes, turkey legs, blooming onions, candied apples, curly fries, deep-fried Oreos, corn on the cob, ice cream, and of course, cotton candy – as well as Greek, Colombian, Italian, Asian, Mexican and other ethnic fare.
Fair hours are Monday through Thursday, 6 pm to midnight; Fridays 6 pm to 1 am; Saturdays 2 pm to 1 am; Sundays 2 pm to midnight. On opening Dollar Preview Night, June 20, the fair is open 4 pm to 1 am. On Thursday, July 3, the fair is open 6 pm to 1 am; on Friday, July 4 from 2 pm to 1 am.
Parking is free Monday through Wednesday, and $5 Thursdays through Sundays. Opening night, parking is just $2. The fair will be offering free shuttle buses from/to Secaucus Junction (days and times to be announced). Visit www.njfair.com for more information.
State Fair Meadowlands invites companies and organizations to "rent" the fairgrounds for any weekday from 10am to 4pm for special gatherings of their employees, customers or business associates. Treat your employees to a fun day at the Fair where they may enjoy rides, food, entertainment and more. To find out more information including pricing, please contact John Patterson at 973-450-1073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.