State Fair Meadowlands Announces Music Lineup for Summer Event
By Mel Fabrikant Wednesday, May 14 2014 @ 11:19 AM EDT
Fair organizers announce full lineup of pop, rock and country performers; headliners include Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Heffron Drive; 20 up-and-coming bands will also showcase their talents
East Rutherford, NJ – May 13, 2014 – State Fair Meadowlands today announced its lineup of pop, rock and country groups who will be performing at this year’s fair, which runs from June 20 through July 6 at the State Fair Meadowlands Fairgrounds, next to the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, just 10 miles from New York City. Headline acts include Red Jumpsuit Apparatus on Friday, June 27 and Heffron Drive, featuring Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush, on Saturday, June 28. Twenty other up-and-coming bands from the NY/NJ area will also perform throughout the fair’s 17-day run.
“State Fair Meadowlands, which attracts 400,000 people each year, has always provided a fabulous venue for pop, rock and country groups to share their music. This year, we’re pumping up the volume with two headline acts, a special evening sponsored by Sirius XM (details to be announced) and some super new talent,” said Al Dorso, President of State Fair Meadowlands. “Best of all, every one of these concerts is free with entry ticket to the fair. Where else can you see such great live shows for $10?”
On Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and July 3 and 4, entry to the fair is $10 for those 13 and older and $8 for those 12 and under. Monday through Thursday (excluding July 3), the prices are $9 for 13 and older and $7 for 12 and under.
Here is a schedule of band performances, in date order. Information about each performer can be found at http://www.njfair.com/concerts:
• Friday, June 20 - Kris Aaron, Christina LaRocca (1 set); BAAM!
• Saturday, June 21 - Sirius XM will hold a special concert; details to be announced soon
• Sunday, June 22 - SPINN
• Monday, June 23 - Mr. B and the Boyz
• Tuesday, June 24 - Leanne Weiss
• Wednesday, June 25 - Time Will Tell
• Thursday, June 26 - Wild Adriatic
• Friday, June 27 - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus with openers Time Will Tell and The Cleopatra Club
• Saturday, June 28 - Heffron Drive featuring Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush with openers Dan Orlando and Kristina LaChaga
• Sunday, June 29 - The Detonators
• Monday, June 30 - Dustin Vye
• Tuesday, July 1- Bro 5, winner of WPLJ's "Best In The Tri State" competition
• Wednesday, July 2- Joe Ferrari
• Thursday, July 3 - High in the Mid 80's, an 80's tribute/party band
• Friday, July 4 - The Cleopatra Club
• Saturday, July 5 - Max Headroom, an 80's tribute/party band
• Sunday, July 6 - Rachel Miller
State Fair Meadowlands is the largest fair in the New York metro area, with over 150 rides and attractions on over 35 acres of fairgrounds. The fair will feature more than 50 food vendors, thrilling rides, an open-air circus, Big Cat Show, Racing Pigs, the Sharkbait juggling show, acrobatic motocross show, vintage car shows and much more. Fairgoers also won’t want to miss taking a ride in the Batcopter, the original helicopter from the 1960s TV series, as well as the Skyride, an all-time family favorite.
Fair hours are Monday through Thursday, 6 pm to midnight; Fridays 6 pm to 1 am; Saturdays 2 pm to 1 am; Sundays 2 pm to midnight. On opening Dollar Night, June 20, the fair is open 4 pm to 1 am. On Thursday, July 3, the fair is open 6 pm to 1 am; on Friday, July 4 from 2 pm to 1 am. Parking is free Monday through Wednesday, and $5 Thursdays through Sundays. Opening night, parking is just $2. The fair will be offering free shuttle buses from/to Secaucus Junction (days and times to be announced).
Visit www.njfair.com for more information and a list of Bargain Days.