Audrey Meyers, President and CEO of The Valley Hospital and Valley Health System, based in Ridgewood, NJ, said, “Words cannot express how deeply appreciative we are of David’s extraordinary support. We thank him for the impact his incredible generosity will have on the hundreds of thousands of patients that will be treated at the hospital for years to come.”
Mr. Bolger’s major gifts to The Valley Hospital Foundation include:
• 2013: $950,000 for the purchase of the O-arm Multi-Dimensional Surgical Imaging System
• 2012: $1.6 million for the purchase of a -da Vinci Surgical System
• 2011: $5.0 million in support for the Bolger Medical Arts Building (Dedicated 2013)
• 2011: $500,000 for the purchase of portable digital X-Ray equipment
• 2010: $300,000 for the purchase of two Mobile Intensive Care Units
• 2008: $30 million toward the renewal of the hospital’s main campus
• 2008: $450,000 for the purchase of a portable CT Scan
• 2006: $500,000 for a new computer documentation system for the Emergency Department
• 1999: $1.1 million toward the renovation and expansion of the Emergency Department and Pediatric Emergency Department, now known as the Bolger Emergency Department.
In addition to these major gifts Mr. Bolger has also supported many other programs throughout Valley Health System.
“David Bolger has one guiding philanthropic principle: he wants to ensure his generosity benefits the greatest amount of people,” said Anastasios Kozaitis, president of The Valley Hospital Foundation. “His extraordinary support of Valley is only one facet of his philanthropy. His is a philanthropic spirit that looks to enhance and at times transform the communities for which he cares. David’s giving has allowed Valley to offer our patients the best technology that medicine has to offer. His philanthropy has saved countless lives.”
Mr. Bolger, is the former President of Bolger & Co. Inc., a real estate and investment firm located in Ridgewood, NJ, with real estate holdings throughout the United States. He also served as President of The Bolger Foundation. Mr. Bolger currently splits his time between homes in Ridgewood, NJ, and Sarasota, FL.