JUNE: SHOPRITE OF FAIR LAWN OFFERS EXTENSIVE RANGE OF WELLNESS AND HEALTHY EATING EVENTS
In-Store Registered Dietitian Will Lead Free LiveRight with ShopRite Events Each Month for People of All Ages
ShopRite of Fair Lawn, an Inserra Supermarkets store, is offering an extensive range of LiveRight with ShopRite events this June lead by its in-store dietitian Dana Gaule, R.D. These free retail dietitian services and the following programs are available to the general public:
· Wednesday, June 4 – DermaView Screening, 4 – 8 p.m. Just in time for summer, stop by for a free, five-minute skin health screening and learn how to protect your skin from sun damage.
· Monday, June 9 – Fresh Food Fast, 2 – 5 p.m. ShopRite’s in-store dietitian is redefining fast food. Come learn how to turn five simple ingredients into a healthy meal. Sample and recipes will be available.
· Tuesday, June 10 – Crispy Greens Demo, 3 – 7 p.m. Produce is grabbing the spotlight. Join ShopRite’s in-store dietitian in the Produce Department to sample Crispy Greens’ freeze-dried fruit, known as an all-natural and convenient snack, and pick up coupons.
· Wednesday, June 11 – Men’s Health Event, 12 – 4 p.m. This Father’s Day, give dad a gift that’s from the heart and healthy for it too. Stop by the Dietitian’s Corner to pick up a recipe for a DIY gift that dad is sure to love.
· Thursday, June 12 – Car Show Community Dance, 6 – 9 p.m. ShopRite’s dietitian will be on site with healthy samples and giveaways to support the River Road Improvement Corporation. The event takes place at 13-51 River Road in Fair Lawn.
· Friday, June 13 – High Fiber Friday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Eating healthy on a budget? Looking to trim your waistline or lower cholesterol? Fiber is the key! Drop by the Dietitian’s Corner to learn how to meet your recommended daily fiber requirements.
· Tuesday, June 24 – Right for Tonight; Dana’s Dish!, 4 – 7 p.m. Not sure what to make for dinner? ShopRite’s in-store dietitian has the perfect, healthy meal for you and your family. Samples available and recipes too.
· Wednesday, June 25 – Diabetes Store Tour, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. ShopRite’s in-store dietitian will lead a free grocery store tour, highlighting ideal foods for customers and their loved ones with diabetes. Please register for this event by calling (201) 419-9174 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Thursday, June 26 – Bone Up on Calcium, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Men, women, and kids of all ages require calcium to promote strong bones and teeth. Stop by the Dietitian’s Corner for a yogurt tasting and the opportunity to learn about other great sources of calcium as well.
· Friday, June 27 – High Fiber Friday, 8 – 11 a.m. Eating healthy on a budget? Looking to trim your waistline or lower cholesterol? Fiber is the key! Stop by the Dietitian’s Corner to learn how to meet your recommended daily fiber requirements.
· Saturday, June 28 – Produce Pick, 1 – 4 p.m. Join ShopRite’s in-store dietitian in the Produce Department for a sample of this month’s pick and recipes too.
· Sunday, June 29 – Healthy Freezer Finds, 1 – 4 p.m. The frozen food section has lots of healthy items, and ShopRite’s in-store dietitian will help shoppers find them with ease and have samples too.
· Monday, June 30 – LiveRight with ShopRite Kids Day, 4 – 5 p.m. One of the best ways to get kids to eat healthy and try new things is to get them more involved in the process. This event does just that. Kids will prepare a simple, healthy snack and take home the recipe. A parent must pre-register his/her child. Please RSVP to Dana.Gaule@Wakefern.com or (201) 419-9174.
ShopRite of Fair Lawn is located at 17-17 River Road. To pre-register for any of the events, make an appointment for nutritional counseling or schedule an event for a community group, please contact Dana Gaule, R.D. at (201) 419-9174 or Dana.Gaule@Wakefern.com.