· The Teen Driving School is an extension of the BMW Teen Driving School curriculum taught at the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, SC. The fully interactive, 4-hour teen driving course features the BMW X3 and 3 Series and will be offered at no cost. The course will focus on improving driving skills and increasing road awareness through classroom instruction, driver awareness activities and hands-on driving exercises. A main focus during the Teen Driving School will be creating awareness about the consequences of texting while driving and how it affects not only teens – but everyone who drives a vehicle. Eligible drivers under the age of 21 with a valid learner's permit or driver’s license can register for the school. The Teen Driving School will be offered on July 13 at 9:00am and 2:00pm, July 19 at 9:00am, and July 20 at 9:00am.
· Self-guided, hands-on demos of the BMW 335i Sedan and X5 xDrive50i that include Hill Descent Control, which is a BMW electronic function that allows for safe descent and proper vehicle balance on uneven surfaces, and Skid Pad, showcasing vehicle control on wet surfaces.
· Street Drives that allow for 30-minute test drives per vehicle of a range of BMW vehicles including the BMW 2 Series, 4 Series, 6 Series and all-electric BMW i3. Street Drives will be offered July 13-20, multiple times throughout the day.
· Autocross, a 2-hour challenging, closed-course driving program featuring the BMW 2 Series and 5 Series that pairs attendees with BMW’s Professional Driving Instructors for a dynamic experience that highlights advanced driving theories, defensive driving techniques and culminates in a pulse-pounding hot lap. Autocross will be offered at the Experience July 13-20, multiple times throughout the day.
· Car Control Clinic, a full-day driving school that allows drivers to get behind the wheel of a powerful M3 and all-new M235i for an adrenaline-filled day of driving with individual instruction from BMW-certified Professional Drivers. Drivers will develop a sharper understanding of BMW’s responsive handling and performance while learning advanced driving theory. The Car Control Clinic is offered for a fee of $650. *Limited spots available for media on a first come, first serve basis. The Car Control Clinic will be offered July 14-16 and July 18 at 9:00am.
· Follow BMW of North America on Twitter @BMWUSA and like BMWUSA on Facebook. Hashtag #DrivingIsBelieving.
WHAT: BMW’s Ultimate Driving Experience
WHEN: Sunday, July 13- Sunday, July 20
Weekdays from 9am-6pm, Weekends from 9am-8pm
*Certain driving programs will begin at 8:30am.
WHERE: MetLife Stadium
1 MetLife Stadium Drive
East Rutherford, NJ 07073