Soundmatters® www.soundmatters.com, the leader in high-quality, portable speakers founded by former NASA engineer/audio legend Dr. Godehard Guenther, announced today foxL® DUET, a high-powered compact desktop and travel friendly stereo hi-fi satellite and subwoofer system -- all in one. DUET combines the foxL aptX, the newly-announced audio purist’s pocket-portable speaker/speakerphone and the palm-sized foxLO powered subwoofer to create an amazing duet!
Ultra-Compact Desktop/Travel Satellite + Subwoofer Hi-Fi System
World renowned for stretching the laws of physics with their diminutively sized high-performance loudspeakers, the foxL line is the gold standard in portable hi-fi speakers that other audio companies aspire to reach. With Soundmatters’ new DUET bundle, music lovers finally have a full-range desktop stereo hi-fi system with deep bass -- all the way down to 38Hz. If you’re headed on a business trip, just detach the subwoofer, pop the foxL portable speaker into your pocket or briefcase, and enjoy great sound anywhere. Or if you’re going on vacation for the week, bring both the travel-sized foxLO subwoofer and foxL along. DUET’s flexibility provides the ultimate audio experience anywhere. Great for tablets, smartphones, laptops and more, the foxL DUET system provides a $50 savings over the components’ individual prices.
DUET’s foxLv2 with aptX was called “The single most astonishing piece of audio gear I’ve ever heard,” by Stereophile’s Michael Fremer, and after hearing the DUET’s foxLO subwoofer, Darryl Wilkinson from Home Theater wrote that foxL “absolutely rocks in a way that something that small shouldn’t be able to do.”
DUET’s foxLO Subwoofer Features:
• Patented Linear Magnetic Drive™ woofer with proprietary dual passive radiator system and 30 watts of built-in amplification.
• Audio Input with variable Bass Level, Power LED and Full Pass Audio Out.
• Vertical or horizontal chassis orientation.
• 24V1.9A External U.S. Power Supply.
• Dimensions: 2.5h x 4.5w x 6.3d in (63h x 114w x 160d mm). Weight: 23 oz/651 g.
DUET’s foxL aptX Portable Speaker Features:
• High-resolution fidelity with dual patented Twoofers™ (tweeters that woof) and patented BassBattery passive woofer.
• Analog and Bluetooth connectivity with aptX® for virtual CD-quality wireless streaming when used with aptX-equipped source devices.
• Built-in mic for wireless hands-free phone conferencing.
• Up to 24 hours (wired) battery life, 12 hours (Bluetooth), charges via USB or included international charger.
• 5V 2A Int’l Power Adapter Kit (US/EU/AU/UK).
• Dimensions: 2.2h x 5.6w x 1.4d in. (63h x 114w x 160d mm). Weight: 9.5 oz/269g.
DUET to be Debuted at CES - Pricing & Availability
DUET will be displayed for the first time at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), held next week, January 8-11, 2013 in Las Vegas at the Soundmatters Booth #5829, iLounge - North Hall and at the Showstoppers event during CES on Tuesday, January 8th from 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM at the Soundmatters’ booth at the Wynn, Lafite Ballroom. Priced at $349 US SRP/ $299 MAP, DUET will be available February 2013 through major online retailers, including ListenUp.com, Crutchfield.com, Amazon.com and more, as well as through the Soundmatters site at: www.soundmatters.com. For more information, see the Soundmatters site at: www.soundmatters.com.
About foxL Line of Portable Speakers
The foxL line of portable speakers has won numerous industry awards and accolades, including Time Magazine’s “Top 10 Gadgets of the Year.” Sound & Vision said it is “the absolute best gift ever for the audiophile…fundamentally changes how and where we can enjoy great sound…it’s that good!” And CNN said, “So, travelers of all stripes, or any of you looking for a small system for your room or office that can fit in your pocket and go for a good long time on a full charge, this is ultimate gear.”
Soundmatters International, Inc. www.soundmatters.com was founded in 1998 by physicist, former NASA engineer, and audio design legend Dr. Godehard Guenther. A world-renowned pioneer in the field of audio, Dr. Guenther introduced many firsts to the audio market, including the world’s first in-wall speaker; in-wall subwoofer; component loudspeaker for car hi–fi; switching power supply for car hi–fi; multi–channel car amplifier; hi–fi television monitor; and first complete digital time-delay system for surround sound.