PEARL RIVER, N.Y., May 11, 2015 – Form and function equals great design. This spring’s introductions from Hunter Douglas, the world leader in custom window fashions, are just that, a seamless blend of form and function that translates to a stylish design statement at the window. These products show, once again, that at Hunter Douglas, window dressing truly is an art form.
Highlights of the new offerings include:
· The Alustra® Collection: New fabrics and options for Alustra Vignette® Modern Roman Shades and Alustra Duette® Architella® honeycomb shades, and the addition of, Top-Down/Bottom-Up design option and the LiteRise® cordless operating system for Alustra Woven Textures® Roman shades.
● Vignette® Modern Roman Shades: Updated collection with 16 fabrics and 99
fabric/color combinations, including three new fabrics and a refreshed color
· Luminette® Privacy Sheers: Three new fabrics and updated color selections.
· Duette® Architella honeycomb shades: New Reception fabric featuring a soft texture, subtle beauty and the superior energy-efficiency benefits that are the hallmark of all Duette honeycomb shades.
· Solera® Soft Shades: Now offered with a Top-Down/Bottom-Up option, three new fabrics and 18 new colors.
· Parkland™ wood blinds: Four new collections: Scenic™, Textures, Weathered and Ash to complement the styles of today’s homes.
· Provenance® Woven Wood Shades: Now available with the LiteRise® cordless operating system for enhanced child safety and convenience.
THE ALUSTRA® COLLECTION: INSPIRED BY DESIGN™
Built on a foundation of exclusivity and progressive design with signature features such as distinctive fabrics, hardware finishes and systems, The Alustra® Collection from Hunter Douglas has a number of important enhancements this spring.
Alustra Vignette® Modern Roman Shades boasts two new fabrics: Sula, a multi-colored fabric with an authentic hand-crafted look and a lustrous feel, available in three colors in both translucent and room-darkening opacities; and Agra, a dimensional organic texture with a basket weave appearance mixing unique yarns for a refined and rustic style, available in six colors in both translucent and room-darkening opacities.
Alustra Duette® Architella® honeycomb shades are adding the refined and contemporary Leela fabric. This linen-inspired fabric offers a sophisticated subtle texture with a versatility that allows it to blend well in today’s transitional styles.
A light-filtering shade with a woven woods appearance, select styles of Alustra Woven Textures® in the Roman shade style are now offered with the Top-Down/Bottom-Up design option and the LiteRise® cordless operating system forenhanced child safety.
VIGNETTE® MODERN ROMAN SHADES: RAISING THE BAR
The only Roman shade that rolls, stacks and traverses, Vignette® Modern Roman Shades feature a clean, crisp look with luxurious fabrics and soft folds. With no exposed rear cords for enhanced child safety, they come in three styles for a solution for almost any window:
· Traditional™ – Fabric folds roll up into a fabric-covered headrail for an unobstructed view. Available in 4" full fold and 6" flat fold options.
· Tiered™ – 4" full fold fabrics stack, reminiscent of a typical Roman shade.
· Traversed™ – 4" full fold fabrics positioned vertically that traverse to stack right, left or anywhere in-between.
The collection encompasses 16 fabrics and 99 fabric/color combinations in total, including three new fabrics: Drake with a natural, raw silk texture that brings depth and dimension to the window;Jewelstone, a modern organic semi-sheer with refined horizontal texture; and Brooklyn Tweed, which blends a rich texture with a classic linear pattern.
LUMINETTE® PRIVACY SHEERS: SHEER BEAUTY AND FUNCTIONALITY SIMPLIFIED
For large windows and sliding glass doors, there’s nothing like the functionality and beauty of Hunter Douglas Luminette® Privacy Sheers. The newly refreshed collection includes eight fabrics in total, three of them new: Solar Screen, stylish with a clean, sleek edge and superb durability; Terra with the inherent appeal of organic elements and Voyant™ with an understated pattern for enhanced view-through. The color palette has been updated and includes options in the black, silver, gray, blue, taupe, greige and new mid-tone color families.
DUETTE® RECEPTION: A NEW FABRIC TO WELCOME NEW CUSTOMERS
The new Hunter Douglas Reception fabric for Duette® and Duette Architella® honeycomb shades has soft texture, subtle beauty and superior energy benefits. It is being offered in 12 neutral, on-trend colors in semi-opaque and six in opaque opacities.
Proprietary Duette Architella shades can reduce unwanted solar heat gain through windows by up to 80 percent in summer and can reduce heat loss through windows by up to 40 percent in winter.
SOLERA® SOFT SHADES: STYLE SIMPLIFIED™
Combining a soft, sculpted look with a unique cellular construction, Solera® Soft Shades from Hunter Douglas bring an entirely new aesthetic to the market. The product offering is now complete with the addition of the Top-Down/Bottom-Up design option for the perfect combination of privacy and light. Also new, Layla, Dilworth and Sloan fabrics and 18 additional colors, bringing the total offering up to eight fabrics in 49 colors.
PARKLAND™ WOOD BLINDS: COMPLEMENTING THE STYLES OF TODAY’S HOMES
Parkland™ wood blinds from Hunter Douglas offer the finest wood blind quality, operating systems, premium upgrades and wood species on the market. New this spring are four collections that bring the most current and sought-after colors in home décor and decorative accents to wood blinds:
· Scenic™: A mix of paints and stains with a beautiful wood grain, the color palette features white and gray paints and a variety of stains.
· Textures: Featuring a new wood species, abachi, which has a unique “ticking” look for subtle texture at the window in a matte finish.
· Weathered: Offers a range of stains on abachi slats with an intricate wire-brushed texture in today’s most popular colors.
· Ash: Showcasing beautiful stains in a traditional palette with contrasting graining similar to oak.
PROVENANCE® WOVEN WOOD SHADES: Enhanced Safety at the Window
Hand-woven from versatile, light-filtering reeds, grasses, woods and bamboo, Provenance® Woven Wood Shades from Hunter Douglas are now available with the LiteRise® cordless operating system for enhanced safety, simplicity and convenience.
Hunter Douglas Inc., headquartered in Pearl River, N.Y, is the leading manufacturer and marketer of custom window fashions in North America and a major manufacturer of architectural products. The company is a national sponsor of Habitat for Humanity, covering windows in every Habitat home built in the U.S. and Canada.
Hunter Douglas branded products are designed, developed and custom-crafted in the U.S.
For more information, visit www.hunterdouglas.com or call 1-800-274-2985.