Augusta, N.J. – June 9, 2015 – The Sussex County Miners, New Jersey’s newest independent professional baseball team, has announced their official promotional schedule for the team’s inaugural season, running now through Labor Day.
“The Sussex County Miners have a super lineup of fun for the whole family this summer. Every day of the week will be special – starting with Family Fun Sundays, when kids are allowed to run the bases on the field and take photos after the game. Every Wednesday, kids under 12 are allowed into games for free. On Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, we have special deals at the concession stands that will make food and drink extra affordable for our fans,” said Dave Chase, general manager of the Miners. “Every Friday night – even when there are no games – the Miners will hold Movie Night Fridays. And on Saturdays after home games, fans can enjoy spectacular fireworks.”
To celebrate Independence Day, the Miners will host an extra dazzling fireworks display following the July 2 home game versus Trois-Rivieres Aigles (the team will be travelling on July 4). First pitch is at 7:05 pm and gates open at 6 pm. All events will be held at Skylands Stadium, located at 94 Championship Place, Augusta, N.J.
Here are this year’s fun days and special deals:
- Family Fun Sunday: Kids run the bases after the game and families can get their family picture taken on the field after the game.
- Munchy Monday: Discounted prices on food and drinks at the concession stands. (Deal changes every week.)
- Two for Tuesday: Two-for-one deals on food and drinks at the concession stands. (Deal changes every week.)
- Kids Go Free Wednesday: Kids under 12 get in free (deal only available at the box office)
- Cheap Cheap Thursday: $2 draft beer, $2 sodas, $2 hot dogs, $2 fries
- Movie Night Friday: We will show a movie on the videoboard ever Friday night (even when the Miners are not at home!). When the Miners ARE at home, the movie will follow the ballgame.
- Fireworks Saturday: Fireworks following every Saturday home game (also fireworks on July 2)
The Miners are constantly adding fun new promotions for their inaugural season, so stay tuned for more updates at SussexCountyMiners.com. For more information about any of these promotions, please call 973-383-7644.
Tickets are $10 for general seating and $12 for box seating. To purchase individual game tickets or season tickets, or to view a schedule for the season, visit http://sussexcountyminers.com. The Sussex County Miners are members of the Can-Am Association of Professional Baseball.
About Skylands Stadium
Skylands Stadium, home to the Sussex County Miners baseball team, is located in the heart of rural Sussex County in Frankford Township, (Augusta) New Jersey. The ballpark has 4,200 seats and a 16,000-square foot all-purpose building for corporate and community events. Skylands Stadium offers an in-house catering facility, which can be rented for corporate and community events. The entire stadium has recently undergone major investment and renovation, and now has a newly upgraded playing field, clubhouse, locker rooms, concessions, restrooms, seating areas, press box and pavilion. For more information about the Sussex County Miners or to become an official baseball sponsor or advertiser, contact Dave Chase at 973-500-2480. To hold a corporate or community event at the stadium, contact Shane White at 973-500-2472; for event sponsorship queries, contact Andy Ball 973-500-2763.