GLEN ROCK, N.J. (September 23, 2015) — FirstLight HomeCare of Glen Rock is sponsoring a blood drive from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. on October 15 at Community Church of Glen Rock, located at 354 Rock Rd., Glen Rock, Fellowship Hall.
“If you have not needed a blood transfusion, it is likely that you know a friend, neighbor or family member who has needed one,” said Boyd Lowry, owner of FirstLight HomeCare of Glen Rock. “Blood donation is a community responsibility, and as part of the Glen Rock community we wanted to help residents provide for each other.”Blood is needed every two seconds.
- About one in seven people entering a hospital needs blood.
- Blood is always needed for treatment of accident victims, cancer patients, hemophiliacs and surgery patients.
- One pint of blood can save up to three lives.
- Shortages of all blood types happen during the summer and winter holidays.
- Blood centers often run short of types O and B red blood cells.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call Community Blood Services at 201-251-3703. Walk-ins are also welcomed. Donors must weigh at least 110 pounds, should eat before arriving and should bring identification.