NEW YORK (July 11, 2016) – The Specialty Food Association announces the election of four board officers and its new slate of directors.
Those serving on the board are all members of the Association, a not-for-profit trade association that represents all segments of the $120.5 billion U.S. specialty food industry and member companies abroad. The board term is two years.
The following members were elected to serve as officers on the Board of Directors for the 2016 -2018 term:
- Chairperson: Becky Renfro Borbolla, Renfro Foods, Inc.
- Vice Chairperson: Matt Nielsen, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas
- Board Financial Officer: William Booker III, Smithfield Specialty Foods Group
- Secretary: Trish Pohonka, European Imports Ltd.
Shawn McBride, Foah International LLC, will continue to serve, as Past Chairperson.
Elected to two-year terms are:
- Charlie Apt, Sarabeth's Kitchen
- Dan W. Dowe, Artisanal Cheese, LLC
- Susan Eriksen, Char Crust, Inc.
- David Gremmels, Rogue Creamery
- Kirsten Hogan, UNFI
- Lori King, Stonewall Kitchen
- Tom Knibbs, Urban Accents
- Emilio Mignucci, Di Bruno Bros.
- Greg O'Neill, Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread & Wine
- Todd Rubin, The Republic of Tea
- Lee Zalben, Peanut Butter & Company
Directors concluding their service are Jack Acree, Saffron Road Foods, Cara Figgins, Partners, a tasteful choice company, Case Fischer, Fischer & Weiser Specialty Foods, Arnim von Friedeburg, CMA Global Partners – German Foods, and Patricia Lobel, Avenue Gourmet.
About the Specialty Food Association
The Specialty Food Association is a thriving community of food artisans, importers and entrepreneurs. Established in 1952 in New York, the not-for-profit trade association provides its 3,200 members in the U.S. and abroad with resources, knowledge and connections to champion and nurture their companies in an always-evolving marketplace. The Association owns and produces the Winter and Summer Fancy Food Shows, and presents the sofi™ Awards honoring excellence in specialty food. Learn more at specialtyfood.com.
Louise Kramer, Communications Director, 646-878-0130, [email protected]